What's new

Looking for new easy recipes

Thankyou for that Domejunky and also i'd rather not taste loads of dount haha

Yeah i have seen Chefs Concentrates they do loads of flavours!, I'm really picky person, i also use E-liquid-Recipes too, is possibly to get like one flavour for example Capella Vanilla Custard V1 and just mix one flavour at the %, would it still taste nice? If so can you do that with evey single flavour?

Actually when I made my first batch that's what I did. I saw a more experienced user suggesting that. Because when you think about it, if you try mixing a batch of 3 flavours and hate it, you can't be sure which flavour is the problem. I'd try really small batches to start and perfect one flavour at a time you really like and then you can modify it add other stuff and make a bigger batch. It takes time and practise and I was really disappointed with some of my first stuff but with practise you can tailor something that is perfect for your tastes.

Actually when I made my first batch that's what I did. I saw a more experienced user suggesting that. Because when you think about it, if you try mixing a batch of 3 flavours and hate it, you can't be sure which flavour is the problem. I'd try really small batches to start and perfect one flavour at a time you really like and then you can modify it add other stuff and make a bigger batch. It takes time and practise and I was really disappointed with some of my first stuff but with practise you can tailor something that is perfect for your tastes.
Does it taste nice with the flavour on its own? Like Blueberry taste like a nice Blueberry or a really harsh one as its just that one flavour in there? At the moment im making a Custard at 10% and at first i loved it, but now i cant taste it, i made it will Cap VC V1, Cap Cheesecake, and Cap French Vanilla. There the only flavours i have and a horrible Cookies and Cream i tried once and hate the flavour so its just sitting there

Does it taste nice with the flavour on its own? Like Blueberry taste like a nice Blueberry or a really harsh one as its just that one flavour in there? At the moment im making a Custard at 10% and at first i loved it, but now i cant taste it, i made it will Cap VC V1, Cap Cheesecake, and Cap French Vanilla. There the only flavours i have and a horrible Cookies and Cream i tried once and hate the flavour so its just sitting there

No it's quite nice, I did end up adding a bit of brown sugar because I like sweet. I think I like stronger flavours so I tend to mix on the higher side. I noticed if you google a particular flavour and eliquid calculator it will give you the average that people mix that flavour out. That's a helpful guide. You might need to mix something else in there or something to give a tang like a fruit, maybe strawberry? I think the Cap concentrates are fairly good overall it just takes some adjustment to your own tastes.

I got quite a few flavours to start out but you could collect a couple each month of smaller quantities until you find out what you like. I also read another post on here that mixing a few similar flavours together (like you did with vc, French vanilla and cheesecake) produces a nicer richer flavour.

No it's quite nice, I did end up adding a bit of brown sugar because I like sweet. I think I like stronger flavours so I tend to mix on the higher side. I noticed if you google a particular flavour and eliquid calculator it will give you the average that people mix that flavour out. That's a helpful guide. You might need to mix something else in there or something to give a tang like a fruit, maybe strawberry? I think the Cap concentrates are fairly good overall it just takes some adjustment to your own tastes.

I got quite a few flavours to start out but you could collect a couple each month of smaller quantities until you find out what you like. I also read another post on here that mixing a few similar flavours together (like you did with vc, French vanilla and cheesecake) produces a nicer richer flavour.

What would brown sugar taste like on its own?haha, is that just to sweeten a juice up so it doesnt leave a really dry dull favour in your mouth? I'll have to have a look on googling a single flavour :). Yeah i was thinking of using Strawberry as well, maybe to mix in with the Custard favour i got going on, and also because i cant taste custard anymore do you recommend when i make some more i should put up the flavour % equally on all flavours?

Yeah im not good for money at the moment so i will have to collect some other flavours when i can really, i would really love to make a really nice cookie dough favour but i think you would need quite a few flavours for that.

Which thread is that mate?

What would brown sugar taste like on its own?haha, is that just to sweeten a juice up so it doesnt leave a really dry dull favour in your mouth? I'll have to have a look on googling a single flavour :). Yeah i was thinking of using Strawberry as well, maybe to mix in with the Custard favour i got going on, and also because i cant taste custard anymore do you recommend when i make some more i should put up the flavour % equally on all flavours?

Yeah im not good for money at the moment so i will have to collect some other flavours when i can really, i would really love to make a really nice cookie dough favour but i think you would need quite a few flavours for that.

I haven't tried brown sugar on it's own, I feel it's more of a sweetener like marshmallow. Do you use a dripper or tank? You will get better flavour from a dripper and taste more of the subtler flavours. You can also buy sweetener and add around 1%. Ethol maltol also adds sweetness and can help 'bring a flavour together' if you can't taste the custard then yes I'd recommend a higher % but not necessarily equal to the other flavours. It depends from brand to brand but for example For my blueberry muffin recipe I used:

Real flavour blueberry muffin: 9%
Capella NYC: 4.5%
TPA Graham crust: 4.5%
TPA vanilla: 4.5%
Sweetener: 1%

Yes cookie dough was my last disappointment. Having flavours like Bavarian cream are good because they are creamy and sweet. I'd make a wish list based on recipes you want to make in the future and then get them when you can. Otherwise you can end up with flavours you like the sound of but don't know what to do with.

Remember to leave time to steep too, especially with creamy flavours like custard. The flavours improve after a few weeks. 4+ is better. Just shake it every few days.

The thread is this one, @Dripworx posts are super helpful and he is far more knowledgeable than me: https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...s/why-are-most-of-my-mixes-crap.120455/page-2

Also this site is quite helpful: http://diyordievaping.com/

As well as this, check out his links on the right to a subreddit that has helpful info: https://godofsteam.wordpress.com/2014/08/14/getting-started-diy-101-mixing-your-own-eliquid/

And of course the mixology section here. People are really helpful so ask away bud, it can be a frustrating process but if you start with small batches and are patient it doesn't have to cost the earth.

The problem with your question is that you're going to recipes with ingredients from multiple producers that you may have to buy from multiple vendors, and you're not going to save money that way.

It takes a long time, a lot of money and a lot of experimentation to come up with a few recipes you can vape all the time, so I'd suggest you start with One-shots while you build up a stash.

Have a look at Dark Star, who have a good range of One-shots, but also have TFA flavourings very cheap.

Using code DS35TFA, they work out to £2.28 for 30ml so you'll have plenty to play with for a similar price to 10ml elsewhere.

What would brown sugar taste like on its own?haha, is that just to sweeten a juice up so it doesnt leave a really dry dull favour in your mouth? I'll have to have a look on googling a single flavour :). Yeah i was thinking of using Strawberry as well, maybe to mix in with the Custard favour i got going on, and also because i cant taste custard anymore do you recommend when i make some more i should put up the flavour % equally on all flavours? Oh and when you shake and vape sometimes your flavour will still be on top of the VG and nicotine and maybe why you got more flavour to begin with and later on having less flavour left the liquid would lose its taste. Patience is needed but its all part of mixing i mix 2 months worth a time so i always have some to use while the next batch steeps

Ok the problems you have are mainly user error's, sorry about that but you are new to mixing and will get there over time. 1st steeping, it's always going to make liquids better some take longer than others Custards really should have a much longer steep time ie about 8 weeks. 10% flavour this will not be enough in most cases and the higher vg% you use the more flavour it requires so if you have cappellla vanilla custard try mixing at 15% and let it steep for 8 weeks you will notice a big difference you could go a bit more than 15%. Fruits will usually steep faster but i still like to give them a few weeks again it makes a huge difference.
By making your own juice you are also saving a boatload of money so making it even cheaper is not happening to be honest unless you buy bigger amounts which may not be affordable at the time.
My advice is go have a look on Chefs flavours the one shot wonder range will be a good place to start they are multi flavour concentrates already mixed for use rather than a standalone flavour. If you want the most liquid from one buy the keylime pie as you can make it at 10% and it will be good on flavour, the Unicorn milk is my favourite but needs to be mixed at 20%. Use coupon code POTV for 10% off over £10 needs to be spent to get the code to work. finally try this recipe and leave it about a month before you try it but it gets better after 8 weeks

5 ml capella mango
5ml capella cantaloup melon
5ml Capella papaya

You can use other brands like tpa and if you want to add 2 ml marshmellow. The recipe will give you 100ml of a juice similar to Cuttwood mega melons
search here for other recipes
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/

I dont like eating an apple, i like the apple juice really nice and also ive never vaped apple so that'll be a big gamble
This isn't like waiting a apple, like a sweet apple with a cinnamon baked taste in the background. I don't like cinnamon bit don't mind this

Back
Top Bottom