What's new

Leaky flavours...

muggo

Postman
I've been mixing my own for a couple of years now but keep facing a problem I can't get to the bottom of:
Some flavours leak badly & others don't.
Creamy peanut butter & vanilla custard ones never gives me a problem. Banana Moon Pie & Strawberry Fog always do. Each recipe has between 4 & 6 flavours added.
My mix is 60/40 vaped at around 4 watts with 1.8ohm coils in a Kanger 2 MTL.
The only variable is the flavours I use as everything else is the same.
Any ideas why this is?

First time I’ve heard of this complaint. Are you mixing to a specific vg pg ratio, or adding the flavours to a base mix? I’m just wondering if maybe the leaky ones have more flavour concentrate, and that viscosity might be the culprit.

First time I’ve heard of this complaint. Are you mixing to a specific vg pg ratio, or adding the flavours to a base mix? I’m just wondering if maybe the leaky ones have more flavour concentrate, and that viscosity might be the culprit.
Can only be this^^^^ if the issue is the juice and not hardware related.

It's identical hardware & the same 60VG/40PG mix for each flavour. Same atty, mod, wattage, coil & ohms in each case. Like I said, it's very baffling.
No base mix involved. All about 16% flavour.

Is it two separate setups you’re using, one for each flavour? If so I reckon it’s a hardware issue, rather than the liquids.

Is it two separate setups you’re using, one for each flavour? If so I reckon it’s a hardware issue, rather than the liquids.
I have 4 different but identical attys & it seems no matter which one I use with which flavour, the banana & strawberry ones leak.
I know it's odd, that's why I'm asking advice. I can't see any reason why this happens either, but it does.

Daft question but I assume all the concentrates are PG based and if not, you are calculating for the extra VG/PG depending on mix?

Apart from that, no reason at all why one would leak and not the other unless it's a hardware issue.

What flavour concentrates are you using? And what tanks? I wonder if the banana concentrate is corroding an oring or something, and seeping out?

Back
Top Bottom