What's new

I just can't get Strawberry right...

With a name like strawberry ripple .. I would have thought you would have been the man with the recipe ... lol ;)
Strawberry blind now and have been for a few years now.
I like all strawberry but can't taste any.
Used to blend 4x strawberry concentrates but can't find the formula atm
All i remember atm is it used to have kandi-hed in there.
If i find it I'll post it for you to try.

Found it.......

5.8ml The Alchemists Cupboard
1.4ml FA Strawberry Red Touch
1.4ml Kandi-hed
1.4ml Inawera (Truskawka)

Makes 10ml concentrate

I was feeling a bit more adventurous with your one .. so the little something extra .. cream seemed natural.

Ingredient % of total ml grams
Shisha Strawberry (Inawera) 1.5%
Sweet Strawberry (Capella) 5.0%
TPA Strawberry Ripe 5.0% (Sub for CAP Ripe)
TFA Dairy Milk 1.0%
Cream Fresh (Flavourart) 1.0%
Creamy Yogurt (Capella) 1.0%
Bavarian Cream (Capella) 0.5%

Made 50ml in case it has that something missing feel, I can break it down into 5x 10mls to experiment.

That looks pretty nice tbh. The only reason I use the cap ripe is because it seems to fade less than the tpa so you get that ripe taste a little longer that's all. The tpa will do fine as well.

Found it.......

5.8ml The Alchemists Cupboard
1.4ml FA Strawberry Red Touch
1.4ml Kandi-hed
1.4ml Inawera (Truskawka)

Makes 10ml concentrate

Not even heard of half of them, will get ordering tomorrow chap.

5.8ml The Alchemists Cupboard (That's brand, not a flavour though ?)

O.K that's steeped long enough.

With Raspberry, I'm only getting raspberry and a hint of something else. So going to increase the strawberry a little and add some ethol. Does taste good though .. really promising.

The cream one .. err just cream .. same as above more strawberry I think.

now to wait ... I hate the waiting part.

Given your strawberry percentages were based on your best previous strawberry mixes and the small amount of raspberry is swamping it.

I would have thought less raspberry was the solution rather than more strawberry.

I do not use strawberry or raspberry just my thoughts based on trying to balance other flavours.

O.K that's steeped long enough.

With Raspberry, I'm only getting raspberry and a hint of something else. So going to increase the strawberry a little and add some ethol. Does taste good though .. really promising.

The cream one .. err just cream .. same as above more strawberry I think.

now to wait ... I hate the waiting part.
Another useful trick in Strawberry stones (ref my 'Strawberry Stone' post above) is to add 1 drop per 10ml of Flv Alpine Strawberry but ONLY 1 drop/10ml or it will taste 'plasticy'. This helps to avoid Strawberry fading and seems to 'lock in' the strawberry part of any recipe.

Given your strawberry percentages were based on your best previous strawberry mixes and the small amount of raspberry is swamping it.

I would have thought less raspberry was the solution rather than more strawberry.

I do not use strawberry or raspberry just my thoughts based on trying to balance other flavours.

Yeah fair point, I will dilute one of the 10ml mixes then increase the strawberry back to its original amount. Thanks, chap sometimes I need someone to wave the obvious under my nose lol

the strawberry and cream one needs allot more work so will prob drop that for now, however, one of the mixes with raspberry is coming round to nearly what I am after ... So maybe as the oldhippydude has pointed out, start with a new mix with lower raspberry and go from there. Going by the results of the last mix I think I will try one of the 10mls with a single drop of sweetener and a drop of ethol whatsyerface, and the sweet strawberry increased and the inawera lowered. think that may get me close.

Another useful trick in Strawberry stones (ref my 'Strawberry Stone' post above) is to add 1 drop per 10ml of Flv Alpine Strawberry but ONLY 1 drop/10ml or it will taste 'plasticy'. This helps to avoid Strawberry fading and seems to 'lock in' the strawberry part of any recipe.

Will have to get a 10ml and try it out of I am not getting anywhere with the above. TY

Back
Top Bottom