What's new

I just can't get Strawberry right...

Dezy

Postman
Hi Peeps

Hoping for a bit of help on this one, trying a new recipe that requires a sweet /ripe Strawberry .. the problem is that I have never been able to get a good sweet/ripe strawberry.

Nearest I have got is below.

Inawera Strawberry - 1.5%
TFA Strawberry Ripe - 3.5%
Flavour West Strawberry - 2.5%
Flavour West Marshmallow - 1% (Takes the bite/sharpness out of it)

But TBH it is just average at best.

Where the hell do I go with it? lol

Raspberry ....

INW Raspberry
INW Shisha Raspberry
TPA Strawberry Ripe
TPA Sweet Strawberry

That's my strawberry I make for my bro-inlaw, try something like 3-4% of the TPA's, with 0.5-1% of the INW's.... a dash of TPA Bavarian Cream to sweeten and smooth.

Raspberry ....

INW Raspberry
INW Shisha Raspberry
TPA Strawberry Ripe
TPA Sweet Strawberry

That's my strawberry I make for my bro-inlaw, try something like 3-4% of the TPA's, with 0.5-1% of the INW's.... a dash of TPA Bavarian Cream to sweeten and smooth.

I would never have thought of adding raspberry, will give the above a go. Thanks :)

I would never have thought of adding raspberry, will give the above a go. Thanks :)

I think it might be worth a try, he kept saying "It doesn't taste of much" until I added the raspberry, just at a low percent and it seemed to fill out the flavour, I've seen recipes where people have added apple at low percentage too. ... which I presume is a body/texture thing, maybe.

Choosing several different ones is the right way to go.
That way you can tailor it to what you want because every one is different.
I'd only add because it's been so long since I've vaped strawberry that if you pick one with juicy in the title it helps wake the taste buds and I've also found any that say wild in the title tend to bring a truer tasting full on fruit.

I go with INW Shisha, Cap Sweet Strawberry and Cap Ripe Strawberry. It's a bit sweet but how I like it. Sometimes add 0.5 of INW blackcurrant for a jammy texture or a low percentage of INW raspberry to enhance the strawberry.

Lucky you; I cant taste strawberry at all (just vaped). Funny thing is I can perfectly smell it and taste it in liquid state, but nothing when its aerosol. :(

Great advice from Simon G here. The dash of Bavarian Cream (I use 0.5% personally) is really important in making the vape ‘taste like strawberry’. The raspberry add is one I haven’t tried but sounds worth a go too

Hi Peeps

Hoping for a bit of help on this one, trying a new recipe that requires a sweet /ripe Strawberry .. the problem is that I have never been able to get a good sweet/ripe strawberry.

Nearest I have got is below.

Inawera Strawberry - 1.5%
TFA Strawberry Ripe - 3.5%
Flavour West Strawberry - 2.5%
Flavour West Marshmallow - 1% (Takes the bite/sharpness out of it)

But TBH it is just average at best.

Where the hell do I go with it? lol

3% Shisha Strawberry (Inw)
2% Red Touch (FA)
1% Sweet Strawberry (JF)

Is a popular juicy, ripe strawberry stone, might be worth a try?

Back
Top Bottom