What's new

Help Reverse Engineering an eLiquid - Blackcurrant Burst

I use Stevia and Sucralose, haven't noticed any difference in their gunking capabilities. Could be other ingredients in the mix were sweetened?

@GuyGotGuns - reverse engineering the juice is going to come down to how well you can taste the original and how well you know the concentrates that you're using. Not sure how anyone else who hasn't tasted Blackcurrant Burst can help you out with the flavour notes. My advice would be don't get bogged down and obsessive about replicating a juice you're inspired by but come up with something close enough that you really enjoy. Your chances of a. picking the same concentrates they used and b. mixing them in exactly the same way are slimmer than a haute couture model.

I use Stevia and Sucralose, haven't noticed any difference in their gunking capabilities. Could be other ingredients in the mix were sweetened?

@GuyGotGuns - reverse engineering the juice is going to come down to how well you can taste the original and how well you know the concentrates that you're using. Not sure how anyone else who hasn't tasted Blackcurrant Burst can help you out with the flavour notes. My advice would be don't get bogged down and obsessive about replicating a juice you're inspired by but come up with something close enough that you really enjoy. Your chances of a. picking the same concentrates they used and b. mixing them in exactly the same way are slimmer than a haute couture model.

Good advice right there and largely what I've been doing already. I've managed to create a very nice mixed fruits liquid which I'm enjoying so have put that recipe to the side. I'm experimenting with other flavours now in my quest to replicate still. Generally I'll do a 5ml mix with individual flavours to familiarise myself with them, before attempting mixes - I know this is a longer route but pays dividends when trying to understand how flavours may interact in the long run.

It is bastardly difficult to get even a similar flavour though. Also, I love the purple colour of the original. I'm sure food colouring can't be good for your lungs but it looks so nice.

Good advice right there and largely what I've been doing already. I've managed to create a very nice mixed fruits liquid which I'm enjoying so have put that recipe to the side. I'm experimenting with other flavours now in my quest to replicate still. Generally I'll do a 5ml mix with individual flavours to familiarise myself with them, before attempting mixes - I know this is a longer route but pays dividends when trying to understand how flavours may interact in the long run.

It is bastardly difficult to get even a similar flavour though. Also, I love the purple colour of the original. I'm sure food colouring can't be good for your lungs but it looks so nice.
I'm to impatient. I basically know which flavours compliment each other. Just tweak them. But over tweak a lot end up with something completely different. Havnt made a truely bad mix yet.
Plus my organisational skills when it comes to recipes is non existant. So just do what i feel. And come up with nice juice. Lemon cheesecake, mothers milk clone, strawberry sour cream, coconut cream. They are the only ones out of hundreds of different mixes ive got down on paper. Sorry for going on. Coming to end of a long night shift n chat a lot of bubbles when tired.

Sorry I've not read through the other posts, but for black currant I would say the 2 best concentrates are inawera and totally wicked

Back
Top Bottom