What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Help out a DIY noob!

scumbag

Postman
I'm looking to try my making my own 100% VG stuff (no PG at all) and a bit confused with it all to be honest.

I don't have bottles and different size syringes etc lying about so I'm thinking about a starter kit like this from alchemest cupboard (please let me know if they are good or not) -
http://www.thealchemistscupboard.co.uk/DIY_Mixing_Starter_Kit_Gold/p1708884_9576441.aspx

I know the nicotine base is in VG with the kit and since I want to use 100% VG should I just get this AVG http://www.thealchemistscupboard.co.uk/product/pg and vg

Since its diluted I won't need to use distilled water. Would I get a good juice by using the flavour concentrate, mostly AVG mixed with VG in nicotine for 6mg?

I really don't know about what percentages etc I should use for the final 10ml bottle or if I need anything else.

Most flavours are pg based, but in theory yes 100% vg is possible (with alcohol based flavourings).

Is there any reason it must be 100%, are you alergic to pg? Or just want massive clouds?

Regarding diy kits, there are cheaper options once you know what you want/need. Try just vape 247, they do all manner of syringes and bottles. Then you just need a source for the nic and vg, try vapable for these ;)

Last edited:
I am new to mixing too so can't give much advice as my first mixes were 60/40 VBG/PG.

I got my starter kit from Chefs Vapour (discount code 10% POTV) ordered in afternoon and came following day. I got a couple of things from Just Vape 24/7 too and noticed that some of their flavourings come in VG as well as PG (think it was their KandiHed range).

It' great fun mixing your own juice, enjoy :)

you will find that most concentrates are pg based so buying normal vg and using your flavours will thin it a little and you will be close on 100% vg .
hope this helps DIY E Liquid Starter Kits - Vapable

That one looks quite good. Am I right in saying the VG is nicotine free so using the separate nicotine is the way to mix?

Flavour concentrates are limited but I can always get them separately elsewhere, do you know the vendor of these ones?

And yes I have a suspected allergy with PG hence the reason.

That one looks quite good. Am I right in saying the VG is nicotine free so using the separate nicotine is the way to mix?

Flavour concentrates are limited but I can always get them separately elsewhere, do you know the vendor of these ones?

And yes I have a suspected allergy with PG hence the reason.
yes the vg is nic free vapable also do fw concentrates

vg concentrate is a bit thin on the ground so think your choice may be limited.
if your finding it too thick though for your setup you can add 10% vodka or distilled water
rather tha pg.

As everyone has said, the problem will be concentrates. The highest recommended brands are like, Capella, FA, PA, FW, ect, all carry PG flavorings. The trouble is, on average it's 10% - 20% concentrates, so that'll cut your mix right down to 80% VG.

Don't get me wrong, you'll probably find some nice VG concentrates, there are many companies out there doing 100% mixes, so clearly there's stuff to be had.

As far as kits go, I'd just recommend buying it all separately, that way you're not getting junk you don't need. I get my bottles from FT, takes around 2 weeks (Max for me), but cheap as chips and good quality.

PG & VG £4.99 each, cheapest you'll find, even cheaper in bulk!

Nicotine from Vapable. Not the cheapest, think it's second cheapest atm, but a well trusted vendor!

You can also get your syringes from Vapable, or ChefsVapour.

As I said, I'm not familiar with VG concentrates, so I won't go ahead acting like I know what's good or not, because I don't. Maybe worth a quick google bud, and see if there's some good information there.

Back
Top Bottom