What's new

Help me shake 'n' vape!

tachikoma

Postman
Afternoon apes!

So I bought my starter kit and some "safe" choices of flavours, got the following:

CAP Vanilla Custard V1
CAP Sweet Strawbetty
CAP Double Chocolate (meant to buy milk chocolate)
CAP Sweet Cream
F Ap Vanilla Bean Icecream
F Ap Malted Milk
F Ap Black Cherry

Got a basic custard steeping now, and tried to follow a recipe for a black cherry icecream, left it to breathe for 12 hours which got rid of the harsh chemical smell of the black cherry, and let it steep overnight but it tastes rank! there is a beautiful aftertaste of cherry but it's incredibly sour, it's like vaping vinegar that has been used to wash out a jam jar. No icecream flavour anywhere.

Also tried to make up some samples of various combinations (I know the custards need to steep) and again, they are just incredibly sour and artificial tasting. Tried everything from 3% to 15% concentrate and they are all just unpleasant tasting. The only thing that tasted nice was the unsteeped custard!

Didn't have enough money to order everything for some of the clone recipes that need lots of flavours so thought I would be safe with some basic fruit icecream/custard/standalone fruits.

Do I need to just chuck some Ethyl Maltol in there? hear people preferring to use Malted Milk instead, so ordered that as figured it would be more versatile in the long run, but it doesn't seem to help with the sourness.

Wasted about 100ml of VG trying various combinations, trying them both fresh and after a hot bath steep and shaking until my shoulder nearly dislocated and I'm a bit fed up of it all now lol

Is there anything in my cupboard I can mix up in some mystical ratio that will be usable straight away? do I just need to sell my children into slavery and buy some more concentrates? do I need to just throw them in the cupboard for a few weeks and vape unflavoured VG/Nic? Why do I feel funny when I catch a glimpse down a lady's blouse?

Help me before I either go buy a big pouch of tobacco or even worse, pay £20 for 20ml's of generic liquid that I probably already have the ingredients for!

I'm serious about the blouse thing as well...

You've got the right ingredients to knock up some custards.
Aim for 20% flavour and steep for 2 weeks.

Try 10% custard
6% strawberry
2% cream
2% vanilla bean

I would add 1% Ethyl Maltol for sweetness, not used malted milk before but using that wouldnt do any harm.

Hiya,

I haven't used any of these flavours but after a quick google I would try the following:

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 4%
Strawberry 6%

or

Double Choc 6%

or

Strawberry 4%
Double Choc 2%

If this wasn't sweet enough I would try adding 1% Sweet Cream.

For a Berry and Cream

Sweet Cream 3%
Strawberry 3%
Black Cherry 3%
Optional - Malted Milk 1% - good at thickening and smoothing out flavours

For a Custard Recipe try these

Custard 8%
Strawberry 4%
Optional - Malted Milk 1% for Smoothing Flavour or Sweet Cream 1% to Sweeten (or both if you want 0.5% f each)

Variations - instead of Strawberry sub Chocolate 4% for choc custard.

All the above I would shake ad stick in a cupboard over night, if you can wait try leaving custard ones a week (but it should still taste nice straight away).

For a good shake and vape try the black cherry or strawberry alone at 8% (with 0.5 malted milk) or together at 5% Straw and 3% Black cherry.

Fruits tend to be good to go. If using the malted milk as a smoothner/thickner I wouldn't add more than 1%, if using sweet cream as a sweetner I would stick to 1% or less. If you want the flavour of either add 3% (they are apparently very strong).

Hope you get something vapeable from above :) The percents are just starting points from seeing what other people used, you can add more flavour easily if you feel the strawberry not coming through.

I try to think of it like an actual food recipe - example if you wanted a choc cupcake with strawberry frosting - 80% is cake and 20% is frosting (I would mix it up with maybe 4% vanilla cupcake, 4% choc and then 2% frosting and 2% Strawberry).

For good shake n vape recipes google HIC's Recipes (head in clouds from vaping underground). I have tried a few and most are good to go from the off, lots of simple recipes using 2-4 flavours, mostly FlavourArt which are a little more expensive but you don't need to use anywhere as much - most recipes are 3-5% total flavour percentages.

This is a great resource for calculator, recipes and general info (as well as keeping track of your recipes and flavour stash). You can also search by flavour stash or just click on the what can I make button.

e-Liquid Calculator

Where did you get your nic from? The quality of the nic can affect the taste and harshness. What PG/VG ratio are you mixing in? Definitely vape your unflavoured vg nic (diluted of course) to make sure it's not the nic causing the bad taste and harshness.

Looking up your flavours, they are all quite strong and very easy to go to that artificial chemical taste.

Good luck and enjoy - don't stress once you have something work it's a great feeling. I am currently vaping a very simple TFA Lime 6% and TFA Coconut 3% shake n vape it's nice, a little mild so might up % next time a also try adding 2-4 drops Koolada for that ice taste/feel without the menthol. :)

Hiya,

I haven't used any of these flavours but after a quick google I would try the following:

For a Berry and Cream

Sweet Cream 3%
Strawberry 3%
Black Cherry 3%
Optional - Malted Milk 1% - good at thickening and smoothing out flavours

Hope you get something vapeable from above :) The percents are just starting points from seeing what other people used, you can add more flavour easily if you feel the strawberry not coming through.

For good shake n vape recipes google HIC's Recipes (head in clouds from vaping underground). I have tried a few and most are good to go from the off, lots of simple recipes using 2-4 flavours, mostly FlavourArt which are a little more expensive but you don't need to use anywhere as much - most recipes are 3-5% total flavour percentages.

Where did you get your nic from? The quality of the nic can affect the taste and harshness. What PG/VG ratio are you mixing in? Definitely vape your unflavoured vg nic (diluted of course) to make sure it's not the nic causing the bad taste and harshness.

Looking up your flavours, they are all quite strong and very easy to go to that artificial chemical taste.

Awesome, thank you so much!

Just knocked up a batch of the berry cream, doesn't smell as bad as my last dozen batches lol

Yeah I think my problem was the values I was finding (even saying "CAP this" and "F Ap that") were just too much, just before you replied I was diluting each flavour down to single figures percentages and they were still too chemically overpowering.

I bought my nicotine from thee-cigshop, it's PG based so was making up 0 nicotine testers using regular pg in its place, I know the flavour wouldn't be exactly the same, but I didn't want to waste nicotine and have to keep re-gloving every 10 minutes between test batches.

Will let you know tomorrow how the berry cream turns out!

Thanks everyone!

Hope your berry cream is nice, might have to try that one myself next month if yours is any good :)

I am impatient, I never made up single flavours :0 I did make lots of other people's recipes and got a guide for what I liked and percentages from that. Am still learning though, so far my fav concentrates are FA and TFA.

Guys ethyl mathol, would this be the same as super sweet? As this is the only sweetener I have and I swear mathol was crystals?!

But do you dilute the crystals?

I add a tiny amount to the bottle when all the other ingredients are in. They don't dilute well in cold liquid, so a 5 or 6 second blast in the microwave heats the mix up enough so a good shake dilutes them.

Back
Top Bottom