What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Has anyone used concentrates for what they were made for, food?

Is it any good to Vape? The only strawberry I can handle is INW Shisha.

Imo INW Shisha is the best but the combination TPA/cap Strawberry Sweet goes well if you’re looking for a Candy Strawberry in certain recipes

As a related, but converse note:
I would have thought that most of what we use are “essence of”, which any chef will tell you stands for “rough lab created chemical approximation”. The real flavours are Extracts, which is why they are more expensive.
I’ve just checked my bottle of Vanilla extract and the only listed ingredients are: Vanilla beans, alcohol, sugar.
I wonder if you’d get a better approximation of some flavours that we traditionally struggle to recreate by using non-oil based extracts (peanut/banana, I’m looking at you)

I made some sweets for the kids with some random flavours I had a while ago, they enjoyed the project and the result :)

As a related, but converse note:
I would have thought that most of what we use are “essence of”, which any chef will tell you stands for “rough lab created chemical approximation”. The real flavours are Extracts, which is why they are more expensive.
I’ve just checked my bottle of Vanilla extract and the only listed ingredients are: Vanilla beans, alcohol, sugar.
I wonder if you’d get a better approximation of some flavours that we traditionally struggle to recreate by using non-oil based extracts (peanut/banana, I’m looking at you)
Oh I realise it is all chemicals, just ones that try to recreate a flavour and scent.

I just really wondered if anyone had used concentrates this way, as I'm not sure many people that DIY even realise some brands are food additives and we just use them for our juices.

I do remember vanilla extract used in foods, just wondered if anyone had experimented with the more funky flavours in food.

Oh I realise it is all chemicals, just ones that try to recreate a flavour and scent.

I just really wondered if anyone had used concentrates this way, as I'm not sure many people that DIY even realise some brands are food additives and we just use them for our juices.

I do remember vanilla extract used in foods, just wondered if anyone had experimented with the more funky flavours in food.
Yeah sorry, my reply was just wondering, to answer your question, no I haven’t.
When I’m cooking sweet stuff I try to use the real thing, for example if I want lemon flavour I use lemon juice, zest or both. Or I’ll use a technique, like controlled high heat for a caramel taste.

Back
Top Bottom