What's new

Has anyone used concentrates for what they were made for, food?

conanthewarrior

Achiever
Hi everyone, hope you are OK.

When I first started mixing I was surprised to find that brands such as cappella are actually food flavourings, and we just use them to flavour our juice.

Has anyone here actually used any in cooking? And exactly what would you use it for? I haven't come across for example a cake recipe that asks for cappella v1 custard.

So does anyone have any actual food recipes that use concentrates, or are they used more for flavourings in mass produced foods, say Mr Kipling cakes (first one that come to my head).

Would be interesting to see if we could make some recipes using concentrates, and it may even save a lot of us from the wife (or husband) for spending so much on concentrates. We can blag a bit and use them for food too lol!

I’ve used a bit of vanilla concentrate in a cake and a bit saffron (can’t remember the recipe) in a pinch when I was out of both ingredients before.

You should check @Flavour Art London ’s thread, they have tips for use in foods.

Had juice from overseas labelled as food flavouring before. [emoji16] Does that count.

Many people use vanilla, strawberry etc in cakes/icing. It is how it all started. The recipes never say a brand, unless the brand releases a recipe :)

Pretty much every frankenfood in the supermarket, read the list of ingredients and "flavourings" are listed.
No personal experience but I'm no baker type, where I think these would have more application.
My ex experimented with a few flavour drops in cocktails [emoji483]!

Back
Top Bottom