What's new

First time mixing and no flavor

I use the liquix app. The 20% mix was 14% black cherry, 5% eastern gold triple concentrate and 1% sour. For 5ml it was 0.43ml vg based nic, 3.57ml vg, 0.25ml eastern gold, 0.7ml black cherry and 0.05ml sour. That gave me 5ml at 6mg 80vg 20pg. All I get is a slight cherry after taste but not when vaping it's almost like when you taste food after burping a couple of hours after a meal

How odd. Only flavorings I've used are inwera and they've always been good at ten% and below depending on flavours.
I'd be talking to the supplier about now.

I have emailed them so waiting on a reply. Do concentrates need steeping if they are freshly made?

I am sure by now your mix will have flavour.
I have just tested mine again at just over a day.
The baccy that was muted is now tasting better and the fruity baccy that yesterday just tasted fruity today has the baccy coming through.
I normally mix juice a week before I need it so have not done this sort of testing for a while but all seems to be on track to fit with my previous finding that it does take a few days to get the full flavour.
From another similar thread recently I learned that a mix can begin to taste chemically if you have added too much flavour.Hope this does not hapen to you.
Good luck.

Gave them another test this morning and still nothing from either the 10% or 15% I am just starting to get a hint of cherry in the 20% but really muted. Still no sign of the triple concentrate tobacco flavor turning up to the party though. I am going to leave all 3 for a week and see what happens. I have a coffee frother expected tomorrow so will try another 20% and then a 25% hopefully ukflavours should have replied to my email by then as well

A slightly stronger cherry flavor this morning. Could it be that I've put too much flavor in. I've read that it can have the same effect as not enough and give a really muted flavor

I used UKF at 10% and all I can taste is crap, far worse than no flavour at all.

I stirred it, shook it, gave it warm baths, left it to steep by itself. All accross the board it tastes like crap, the only good thing about it is the smell.

Will be buying flavours from other supplies from now on.

I tasted each concentrate, which don't advise doing, and there is definitely a lot of flavor in them. Still had no response from them though

Haven't tried the concentrates you're using, but it's common for tobacco flavours to need a lot of steeping (like, a few weeks) before they come into their own. Cherry, also, is a difficult flavour. There's a lot of bad ones out there, and I've yet to find one that I'd definitely recommend.

Then there's the high VG question. As you've probably gathered from your researches, VG doesn't carry flavour very well at all. It's the PG in the mix that carries the flavour, so the recipe you're using isn't going to be very flavour-friendly in any case. There's a trade-off in juice mixing, between vapour production and flavour, and you're leaning very heavily towards vapour.

What you have mixed isn't a complete waste, but it may not be at its best for several weeks. I suggest you put it away in a dark cupboard, and vape something else in the meantime...

Back
Top Bottom