What's new

First time mixing and no flavor

boc_est1986

Initiate
I bought everything I need from UKflavours as they came recommended by a friend. I bought the 70‰ vg nic and 100% vg. I prefer heavy vg mixes. I used the black cherry and triple strength eastern gold tobacco to make a cherry tobacco and added 1% sour to each. I started 10‰ flavor mix, then made 15% flavor mix and finally a 20% flavor all in 5ml with aiming for a 6mg nic. I mixed them then gave it a 5 sec blast in the microwave, gave them a good shake and let them cool and settle. Tried them on my dripper, mech at 0.5 and the vapor production was amazing but zero flavor to any of them. About 5 minutes later I detected a hint of cherry in my mouth. I gave them a shake and put them in the cupboard over night. Tried them this morning but exactly the same results.

I've seen other thread on here about UKflavours and people seem to get on ok with the flavorings but I don't have any luck even up to 20% flavor

My first thought is vg does not carry flavour as well as pg assuming your flavours are pg based that would make your mix roughly 80% vg if this is a higher percentage than you normally vape it could be part of the problem.
Can you still taste your shop bought juice? To rule out a vapers tongue day.

Yeah I was aiming for a 80 20 mix using the flavors as the pg as this is what they are in. I still have cosmic fog kryptonite on a vw mod and can taste that fine. I have vaped the grizzly bear range in the past which is 100% vg and the flavor was superb

It could be it just needs a bit more time.I am not a big steeping fan but my fruit/baccy mixes I find are better after a couple of days.
I am not the best person to help because I mix my flavour subtle my mixes today were 6% flavour.
Just grabbed a .5ohm dripper and tried my two or three hour old baccy mix and it is very muted then I dripped my fruity baccy, a bit better fruity but not much baccy. I would expect both to improve over a few days.The fruity baccy is good enough for me now, the baccy I would be adding more flavour if it did not improve in a few days.

I gave them all a hot water bath and a good shake then back into cupboard. Will give them another try in the morning. The tobacco is supposed to be triple concentrate but I don't even know it's there. The web site suggests 5% flavor but I'm not getting anything at 20% more than 20% seems excessive to me for flavoring

I am no expert - I am relatively new to mixing myself - but my first thought when I read your post was that you are not shaking, then steeping, then shaking, then steeping etc etc...your juice - am I right in assuming that you are just mixing it, heating it up in the microwave, and then immediately trying it? Because if so, my best guess is that heating it in the microwave is not doing anything good for the juice, and that most concentrated flavours require some time (I have found that between 3 to 7 daysm depending on the flavour, is adequate) to properly perform their chemical magic......I know that when they mix the ejuice in many factories, the bottles are attached to machines that shake them vigourously every so often, and they are steeped in a cool temperature environment for some time....I do my best to simulate this by shaking my mixes in their glass mixing botrtles, vigorously, once or twice a day, and I store them in a small cooler, within which I place one of those plastic containers that has that blue stuff in it, you know, the stuff that you pout in the freezer and once frozen it stays cool for quite a while when removed from the freezer? I have two of these cold packs and I rotate them from my cooler to the freezer once a day....I don't even open up the bottle at all once I have mixed it, until I have shaken it and steeped it for about 4 days....then I give it a try, and if it's good I vape it, if not I steep it some more - so it COULD be that youo just need to have a little patience? Like I said though, I am no expert, this stuff works for me, but if there is another, faster way, someone please enlighten me - I would like to know :)

I probably didn't explain my method enough. I mix all the ingredients apart from the nic and give a good shake. I then try a couple of drops in the dripper to try and get an idea of the flavors. There was nothing there. I then added the nic and gave another good shake. I microwaved for 5 seconds and then another a good shake. I gave a shake before I went to bed and left them in a dark cupboard with the lids off. I shook again this morning and tried again in a dripper. Still no flavor. I put them in a cup and ran hot water over them for a couple of minutes and gave another good shake. I understand the need for steeping and giving the flavors chance to develop but I thought that there would at least be some flavor there to understand what it will taste like once developed but I'm not getting anything. I have just ordered a coffee frother to help with the mixing but can't get my head round the fact that there is no flavor at all not even a muted one

Last edited:
Reading through this I'm confused. Steeped or not it should still taste of something.
I've never steeped or heated or any of the other voodoo people discus and I've never had a mix give zero flavour. And I'm high vg.
From what I've gathered steeping is used to help let the flavours blend and mellow rather than increase?

This is what I'm struggling with. I have a friend who makes his juice and most of his is vapeable straight away admittedly with different ingredients. I have emailed ukflavours to ask about the concentrates. I have tasted a spot on my finger of pure concentrate and it definitely has flavor

Back
Top Bottom