What's new

Fantasi Orange Clone

Chris K

Vendor
Hey all,

A few months ago I found a clone recipe for Fantasi Orange. Finally today picked up the 3 concentrates I was missing so this afternoon knocked up a 30ml tester.

Contains :

Orange Shisha (Inawera)
Juicy Orange (Cap)
Sweetener + Cotton Candy (TPA)
Orange Citrus (Flavorah)
Natural Lemonade (FW)

The recipe did include Koolada but I cut that out as prefer none menthol.

Mixed it all up at 80/20, gave it a good shake then popped it into ultrasonic cleaner at 55°.

I know not everyone agrees with speed steeping using ultrasonic but I always found it works for me.

Well, after 30 minutes the liquid is very cloudy and the orange shisha has separated from the other flavourings/base and is happily floating away at the top! Every other ingredient has mixed well, just the Shisha. Is there something I need to be aware of using Shisha? Never used before. I assume the cloudy look is down to the natural lemonade.

I have given it another good shake for past 20 minutes and everything has mixed again. Going to try unheated ultrasonic for 15 minutes and see what happens... any bets?

Well if anyone would have bet on "separated again", congratulations, you're a winner.

After 15 mins the Shisha had again separated and gone to the top.

Given it a good shake and put it away in cupboard. I'll check tomorrow to see what's happened, hopefully a more gentle steep will help. Guess a week will be enough.

Sounds like it might be oil-based maybe?

I think you might be right... Mmm... never had an oil based favouring before, anything to be aware of? I generally avoid them. Had a look at bottle but nothing mentioned.

It's looking like this at minute after a good shake, when it separates you have a white cloudy liquid with the bright orange shisha on top. Forgive the bottle, just a tester!

20170618_190823.jpg

I would suggest that you take a bowl of water and drop one drop of the orange shisha onto the seface of the water and see if it floats like an oil would or whether it disperses into the water. If it is oil based, then personally i wouldn't use it for vaping. Hope that helps and all the best.

Apparently it isn't oil based but in high VG liquids it can take on an "oil like" consistency, very strange! Needs two week steep in order to fully blend.

Next time I'll make a 70/30 and see if that improves it.

Have to admit, the liquid smells incredible but looks like I'm back to steeping the old fashioned way.

That separation is also evident in Drip Hack's Fantasi ... a few shakes during storage / maturation are necessary no matter how well it's mixed.
DH's Fantasi is however a shake and vape, your list doesn't contain flavours that scream out needing a lot of maturation. so why is the speed steeping necessary?
Their concentrate is incredibly sweet and a real coil gunker. Personally, I find that the extreme cooling is a critical ingredient, though it's not an ADV.
How does your clone vape ... like a warm orangeade? Also a gunker?

That separation is also evident in Drip Hack's Fantasi ... a few shakes during storage / maturation are necessary no matter how well it's mixed.
Their concentrate is incredibly sweet and a real coil gunker. Personally, I find that the extreme cooling is a critical ingredient, though it's not an ADV.

It's the first tester and I'm not too keen to try it until the oil like texture has gone. It smells better to me than the Fantasi Orange so far... but time will tell.

I omitted the Koolada as I'm just not a fan of menthol, the original Fantasi was about my limit on menthol, other half hates any menthol at all.

It's quite high on sweetener (2% on cotton candy and 2% on sweetener), just hoped the citrus orange may blunt that a touch.

I'll be trying it on RDA in a couple of days to see where I am with it, but think will need at least a week or more.

Ive been using divine concentrates fantastic orange and a drop or 2 of ws-23 all from chefs flavours and ive got to say its very close to fantasi orange ice, might be worth giving this a try mate if your mix doesn't turn out as you hoped.
Ws-23 is definitely what they use as i just couldn't get the same ice effect as the original with koolada.

DH's Fantasi is however a shake and vape, your list doesn't contain flavours that scream out needing a lot of maturation. so why is the speed steeping necessary?
didn't notice this with my hackshot 11 days in slight color change but no separation I can see in the 80/20 shot

Back
Top Bottom