What's new

Enhance the flavour of High VG

icepie

Postman
There's a bit of a Catch 22 in regard to getting big flavour with big clouds. As we all know, VG doesn't carry flavour as well as PG, so it seems logical to increase the amount of flavour concentrate when mixing high VG juice. However, most concentrates are PG-based, which limits your maximum VG ratio. I have found a simple little trick to increase the flavour without sacrificing your VG%:
Mix your PG, concentrates and nicotine but don't add the VG yet. Steep as normal for however long your particular recipe usually needs, then add the VG, give it a good shake and rest it for a couple of days, then one final quick shake before using. I have found this gives significantly more flavour than mixing all the ingredients at once.

Interesting post. Definitely an issue with getting flavour to carry when mixing high VG juices.

I will give this a shot when I get home.

I have been trying to steep everything sans nicotine, then adding the nic in after the steeping time has passed - to mixed results (to be fair, this is across several different flavours so scientific method has not really had a look in)

Also, I have noticed VG based concentrates on the market, such as one on one. Wonder if you have tried those to keep the PG levels down.

Back
Top Bottom