What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Do you wash new bottles?

Actually I'll tag @Colonelboom he'll give us his thoughts. (about the original question, not your urine fetish)

Thanks in advance.
Personally speaking I think it's more important to trust the supplier of the bottles so they haven't been sat in rat or mould infested warehouses and open to the elements. We don't wash bottles before use simply because we have only one stop before us from manufacturing and generally they are uk manufactured too.

In order to properly sterilise bottles before use it would be a hellish experience and need lots of additional equipment that's not needed once PG is added anyway as it will kill anything in the bottle

I have really enjoyed this thread, so thanks to all participants, especially Simon G for starting it.
So don't really want it to end, but my conclusion is, nothing is sterile really, because as soon as it even contacts air it is contaminated again, so it all depends on what risk you are willing to take.
Also bear in mind the temperature that the coils has to reach in order to vape the liquid, so the vapour is probably close to sterile as it leaves the atty.
As Simon G said, the main concern would be anything that could change the taste.

Personally speaking I think it's more important to trust the supplier of the bottles so they haven't been sat in rat or mould infested warehouses and open to the elements. We don't wash bottles before use simply because we have only one stop before us from manufacturing and generally they are uk manufactured too.

In order to properly sterilise bottles before use it would be a hellish experience and need lots of additional equipment that's not needed once PG is added anyway as it will kill anything in the bottle

Thanks, that all makes sense.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply. :)

From now on I'm doing the...

'if it smells clean and looks clean, I'm not going to worry about cleaning them"

...method.

If they don't look clean or have a funky smell I'll give them a good wash.

I’ll be doing the same. Didn’t know that PG would kill everything, so this was a very useful thread for me

Back
Top Bottom