What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

DIY ing for a Berserker mini

Something in me (probably gluttony) made me yearn for more vapour when I was giving up smoking and using EGO style devices. When I discovered an Eleaf PICO and a Melo III tank my greedy nature cut in "Yum yum, more vapour, more vapour gimme more VAPOUR !" The rest is history, and you can't change history :)

You have to answer this question. If there were no calories in it, would you have a slice of cake or the whole damn cake?

I think I'm more of the former to be honest ..... I've always been one to sip a nice glass of rum than pour gallons of beer down my neck.

that aside I quit vaping with an iStick and a Kanger Subtank with a 1.5ohm coil in it .... vapour production was way more than the smoke from my rollies and I never struggled with having to use the old carto things like you might have done. It may also explain why I prefer a slightly looser draw to a lot of people, as that subtank wasn't exactly 'tight' but it's what got me off the fags and my gear has changed a bit but I still vape in pretty much the same way. ... what I started with worked for me, I kicked a 30+ year 30 fags a day habit over night so to me it doesn't get any better than that. .. does that kind of make sense?

Like I said before though, I think if you get used to vaping one way or another I think it is hard to change either way.

Something in me (probably gluttony) made me yearn for more vapour when I was giving up smoking and using EGO style devices. When I discovered an Eleaf PICO and a Melo III tank my greedy nature cut in "Yum yum, more vapour, more vapour gimme more VAPOUR !" The rest is history, and you can't change history :)

You have to answer this question. If there were no calories in it, would you have a slice of cake or the whole damn cake?

See, I was intent on cutting down the fags, and using the ego style tanks as well. I was doing quite well and decided fuck it, I’m going to try and stop. But thought I needed something better, so like you got the i stick and melo 3, and thought it was better than the egos, and to be fair to it, it really was. I then got a crown, liked it for a while, and quickly picked up the rba and started building coils. But I rarely had the thing higher than 30w. A guy in a local shop suggested trying an Avocado instead of messing about with the tiny rba, and I like that even more, always in single coil mode with the airflow quite restricted. Browsing the forum by that time, I got the k5 clone and that started my journey to tighter airflow and lower watt vaping.

In hindsight i’m certain I’d have been better with decent mtl gear from the start, but didn’t really know this when I got the istick, and to give it it’s credit, it got me off the fags and I got to where I was sure to end up eventually. :)

I think I'm more of the former to be honest ..... I've always been one to sip a nice glass of rum than pour gallons of beer down my neck.

that aside I quit vaping with an iStick and a Kanger Subtank with a 1.5ohm coil in it .... vapour production was way more than the smoke from my rollies and I never struggled with having to use the old carto things like you might have done. It may also explain why I prefer a slightly looser draw to a lot of people, as that subtank wasn't exactly 'tight' but it's what got me off the fags and my gear has changed a bit but I still vape in pretty much the same way. ... what I started with worked for me, I kicked a 30+ year 30 fags a day habit over night so to me it doesn't get any better than that. .. does that kind of make sense?

Definitely makes sense. You saw vaping as a way to give up smoking and were very satisfied with that. So did I, but I got kind of greedy, and saw vaping as an opportunity to do much more than smoking ever was and really let my nicotine addiction fly. It is possibly an indication of a kind of character defect, in a way. Should have been very grateful just to replace smoking but thought, f__k it, this has the potential to be something else entirely. So I embraced DTL.

When I smoked, it was definitely just that, Smoking. Vaping has become an all consuming pasttime that has taken over my life. A little worrying really, but I am quite old and in need of something like this to get my teeth into. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Definitely makes sense. You saw vaping as a way to give up smoking and were very satisfied with that. So did I, but I got kind of greedy, and saw vaping as an opportunity to do much more than smoking ever was and really let my nicotine addiction fly. It is possibly an indication of a kind of character defect, in a way. Should have been very grateful just to replace smoking but thought, f__k it, this is has the potential to be something else entirely. So I embraced DTL.

When I smoked, it was definitely just that, Smoking. Vaping has become an all consuming pasttime that has taken over my life. A little worrying really, but I am quite old and in need of something like this to get my teeth into. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

yeah it defo isn't that for me ... I actually find washing tanks and re-building them pretty annoying. :D ... I only love vaping because it was my saviour from the fags. That's why I'm always looking for the simple to use, simple to build, easy to carry gear. I don't want vaping to start annoying me like smoking did.

I vape both MTL and DTL and can also recommend the Manabush range of ejuice,as I don't like the tobacco flavours I prefer the Spiritwalker range and the Powwow is absolutely gorgeous whether it be in a MTL tank or DTL tank.

I like the the berserker I have the full size one well got 2 with fat glass and a siren 2 these tanks are a massive improvements on whats been available for mtl but they need a good mini Clapton coil to get the best from them.
I love mine and prob use them 70% of the time now after subohming for years. I find diy easier too as less watts less harshness I do 60 vg 8mg in mine made a fab pink apple yesterday 8ml a day has gotta be better than 20+ surely lol :)

Back
Top Bottom