What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

DIY ing for a Berserker mini

When you crack out the cloud tank, do you dance about the house doing trick vaping like the guys in the youtube films, and take cloud check photos for your instagram?

No I just sit in the Kitchen, occasionally the missus will come in and go 'bloody hell it's a bit vapey in here" .... after 10 mins or so I'll be grabbing regular set up...

I don't have any issues with flavour from either, when I'm vaping that's not where the satisfaction comes from. When I smoked I had to use an inhaler sometimes ...

.. when I MTL I feel like I'm smoking when I DTL I feel like I'm using an inhaler.

As a mainly DTL vaper, I find that I get most of my flavour during the exhale and so the longer that lasts and the thicker the vapour, the more pleasurable the experience. Using MTL I am beginning to see that the exhale is just something you do to carry on breathing, The flavour, when there is any, is when your'e mouth is full of vapour and you kind of, open your mouth and move the vapour into your lungs. The slower you do this, the more chance there seems to be of getting a hint of flavour.

Is the manabush range of juices really exceptional for MTL? I mean, if i bought some would it be a revelation or am i more likely to be a bit dissapointed, as I usually am with MTL?

slower will always be better for MTL vapers it's like having a cigarette ... which was more enjoyable as a smoker, sitting down and relaxing with a good coffee and savouring every moment of that cigarette or chain vaping 2 fags as quick as you can in your break at work?

I'm a firm believer that there are DTL liquids and MTL liquids though .... when Vaping Biker tested those MTL tanks using his 'usual 3mg 70% VG' liquid that he uses in his DTL RDA's I was thinking "MM, not sure if that is going to work" ... and yup, he thought a kayfun had no flavour. :D

... if he'd given that juice to me to try I would have said to him "That's shit, it has no flavour", no throat hit, no nicotine taste, it's like vaping air"

He would have been blaming the tank, I would have been blaming the liquid. ..... when really it's just an incompatibility of the two.

"Using MTL I am beginning to see that the exhale is just something you do to carry on breathing, The flavour, when there is any, is when your'e mouth is full of vapour and you kind of, open your mouth and move the vapour into your lungs. The slower you do this, the more chance there seems to be of getting a hint of flavour."

lol, it pretty funny analysing the way we inhale. If not something I think about often but for me it's all slow, enjoy the moment there's no need to rush ....... I dunno I just vape pretty much exactly as I smoked. ... it's something I 'learned' to do 30+ years ago.

anyway ..... yeah, mixing.. I don't mix but yeah I would say you'd have to mix 'for mtl' whatever that might be.

No idea on the berserker .... too might a draw for me, I'm not 'true' mtl apparently. ;)

Yet again Simon says exactly what I was trying to say only more eloquently [emoji3]

lol, thanks ..... I thought it was a bit rambley to be honest. :D

taking of writing though .... Lunch break over and back to work for me, I've a lot to do this week, don't want to upset my client. ;)

I think having asmall chamber, right chimney and very little airflow, combined with more pg and the physical action of how you puff this kind nd of setup makes for much more satisfying vapour.

I think having asmall chamber, right chimney and very little airflow, combined with more pg and the physical action of how you puff this kind nd of setup makes for much more satisfying vapour.

I guess we would have to define "satisfying" in order to discuss that statement. MTL satisfies in a way that DTL can't do, and that would be in terms of throat hit and nicotine strength. However chugging on a dual coil RDA with 3mg juice at 70/30 using 70w and the airflow half open giving you super dense vapour and tons of it, hits in a totally differently satisfying way. I am in the enviable position at the moment of being able to see the positives in both methods and that's pretty neat.

I've created my own 12mg 60/40 vg/pg concoction using a Cuttwood Boss Reserve clone which is fairly flavoursome in the Berserker and have it on its second to smallest hole creating a quite protracted draw at 18w, which I am quite enjoying. I find as @simong said, I need to completely change the pace with this MTL setup in order to enjoy it. It's like vaping in slow motion.

I guess we would have to define "satisfying" in order to discuss that statement. MTL satisfies in a way that DTL can't do, and that would be in terms of throat hit and nicotine strength. However chugging on a dual coil RDA with 3mg juice at 70/30 using 70w and the airflow half open giving you super dense vapour and tons of it, hits in a totally differently satisfying way. I am in the enviable position at the moment of being able to see the positives in both methods and that's pretty neat.

I've created my own 12mg 60/40 vg/pg concoction using a Cuttwood Boss Reserve clone which is fairly flavoursome in the Berserker and have it on its second to smallest hole creating a quite protracted draw at 18w, which I am quite enjoying. I find as @simong said, I need to completely change the pace with this MTL setup in order to enjoy it. It's like vaping in slow motion.

Ah just wait till you get to 1.8Ω and 9w!

My preference is for something that’s like smoking. Despite hating fags now because of the smell and taste, constant cough and effect on the lungs, smoking as an activity was a thing I really liked doing, and the style of vaping for me is perfect because to me it’s like a nice tasting, non smelly fag, really.

My preference is for something that’s like smoking. Despite hating fags now because of the smell and taste, constant cough and effect on the lungs, smoking as an activity was a thing I really liked doing, and the style of vaping for me is perfect because to me it’s like a nice tasting, non smelly fag, really.

Something in me (probably gluttony) made me yearn for more vapour when I was giving up smoking and using EGO style devices. When I discovered an Eleaf PICO and a Melo III tank my greedy nature cut in "Yum yum, more vapour, more vapour gimme more VAPOUR !" The rest is history, and you can't change history :)

You have to answer this question. If there were no calories in it, would you have a slice of cake or the whole damn cake?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom