What's new

DIY ing for a Berserker mini

Cliffyboy1962

Achiever
I have been DIYing for ages and am fairly happy with my skills at making juices for all my sub-ohm DTL needs but now I think I am facing a new challenge.

I am taking delivery today of a Berserker mini and I want to DIY a nice new juice for it. I've got some old juices from the early days of EGO style vaping which I will try initially but want to make something nice myself.

I was hoping to make a 50/50 juice with 12mg nic but am at a loss as to what profile or recipe to go for to achieve a good flavour.

Normally I am a large cloud head and get so much vapour I'd have to be dead not to get good flavour. So now I want to try MTL and don't want to be dissapointed with a lack of flavour.

I don't have any tobacco related concentrates except TFA RY4 Double and so was hoping to steer away from the obvious tobacco recipes.

Any of you DIY-ing MTL apes got any suggestions?

You know it is only going to end in disappointment. Make any non tobacco recipe you like, you're not going to be rubbing yourself over the flavour mtl brings to it.

You know it is only going to end in disappointment. Make any non tobacco recipe you like, you're not going to be rubbing yourself over the flavour mtl brings to it.

Well, I guess you may be right but does that mean as a DTL vaper, there is no hope for me ever enjoying MTL?

Well, I guess you may be right but does that mean as a DTL vaper, there is no hope for me ever enjoying MTL?
My prediction: you'll get a kick out of it, but unless you make the switch permanently, it isn't going to cut the mustard beyond the novelty factor.

I think it’s just a different kind of flavour tbh. When I mtl I take a smaller amount of vapour into my mouth and hold it in slowly so it engages the taste buds in the tongue and I can savour and identify the individual constituents.

With DTL I inhale a lot of vapour and it rushes over the taste buds quite quickly so it’s more like a big punch of flavour.

In practice what I find is that I prefer more complex recipes with MTL, things like Manabush that allow me to find and enjoy lots of different sensations. Which I find harder to do when dtl’ing.

Conversely if you vape simple recipes with only one or two ingredients then dtl will give you that big simple flavour hit that mtl won’t.

Tl;dr: different things work differently. Also taste is subjective.

Well, I tried this little experiment before with a Nautilus 2 and ended up selling it to a buddy who was thinking about giving up the cigs. He did and so it wasn't a complete waste. That was why, this time, I was hoping I might be able to nail a flavour that might make it actually enjoyable to do MTL.

Well, I tried this little experiment before with a Nautilus 2 and ended up selling it to a buddy who was thinking about giving up the cigs. He did and so it wasn't a complete waste. That was why, this time, I was hoping I might be able to nail a flavour that might make it actually enjoyable to do MTL.
I'm sure it will be enjoyable. Any of your favourite mixes should be bolder enough at 50/50 and the 12mg nic will make the whole experience satisfying. You might even get hooked and go full time mtl. I know some have gone that route. On balance, more probable that your Berserker will be a nice occasional treat.

Back
Top Bottom