What's new

Cola mixed up from scratch

"Misfit"

Veteran
Found this over on "All the Flavours" everyone was raving about it.
So i mixed it up and it blows every readymade Cola that i've tried.
It really is lovely.
upload_2021-9-23_1-19-31.png

How much Cinnamon can you taste, because not a fan of that?

Interesting.... it's almost like an all favorah remix of '007 cola' .. with the blood orange, soda and rich cinnamon.

I enjoyed that but it didn't taste like cola to me... more like fanta mixed with dr pepper or something.

That is really interesting. I went to a talk on how our senses effect taste a little while ago and one of the experiments was a blind sniff test. One card had lemon, you could clearly smell it was lemon. The other was cinnamon, again no mistaking what it was. But put them together and smell them as one and it was instantly transformed to cola. It wasn’t subtle either, it was a string classic cola. It was really interesting and I did wonder if it could translate to e-liquid

That is really interesting. I went to a talk on how our senses effect taste a little while ago and one of the experiments was a blind sniff test. One card had lemon, you could clearly smell it was lemon. The other was cinnamon, again no mistaking what it was. But put them together and smell them as one and it was instantly transformed to cola. It wasn’t subtle either, it was a string classic cola. It was really interesting and I did wonder if it could translate to e-liquid

This is the 007 cola, I think it was made as a challenge to not use any cola flavourings to make a cola.

It kind of works... but I think because of the way different set ups might accentuate different flavours (obviously I was MTL vaping it too) I think that can throw the balance out of wack. It was really interesting though, that Vanilla Bourbon is spot on for the vanilla notes in cola, even just sniffing the concentrates bottle I get a cola vibe from it.

I wish I hadn't mixed it myself because I think knowing it has all that orange in it makes it taste more orangey. If someone else had mixed it and given it to me then I might have tasted it differently. ws23 is optional if you don't want ice in your cola. ;)

Looking at the recipe, it doesn't look like cola at all though, which is fun.

007 .jpg

How much Cinnamon can you taste, because not a fan of that?

Probably not much/at all at 0.1% ... it's there to add the slightly spicy note that all cola has, if it's done well and mixed accurately you shouldn't really taste it as cinnamon it should just be part of the cola taste.

FLV rich cinnamon is really nice too, it tastes like you scraped all the sticky cinnamon goo out of a freshly baked cinnamon roll.

This is the 007 cola, I think it was made as a challenge to not use any cola flavourings to make a cola.

It kind of works... but I think because of the way different set ups might accentuate different flavours (obviously I was MTL vaping it too) I think that can throw the balance out of wack. It was really interesting though, that Vanilla Bourbon is spot on for the vanilla notes in cola, even just sniffing the concentrates bottle I get a cola vibe from it.

I wish I hadn't mixed it myself because I think knowing it has all that orange in it makes it taste more orangey. If someone else had mixed it and given it to me then I might have tasted it differently. ws23 is optional if you don't want ice in your cola. ;)

Looking at the recipe, it doesn't look like cola at all though, which is fun.

View attachment 254991
Yeah knowing there is orange will bugger it up because you will be expecting orange. The brain is fascinating sometimes, so complex but quite easy to fool. It believes what it sees. That’s why I don’t really mix any more, knowing what was in my juice kind of spoilt it. It’s also why when doing my reviews I try not to look too far in to the description until after I’ve vaped it so I have to mentally focus and pick the flavours out. If I can taste them without knowing they are there, it’s a winner!

Yeah knowing there is orange will bugger it up because you will be expecting orange. The brain is fascinating sometimes, so complex but quite easy to fool. It believes what it sees. That’s why I don’t really mix any more, knowing what was in my juice kind of spoilt it. It’s also why when doing my reviews I try not to look too far in to the description until after I’ve vaped it so I have to mentally focus and pick the flavours out. If I can taste them without knowing they are there, it’s a winner!

Yeah, you're exactly right. Mixing good recipes isn't easy on your own I find. It's easy enough to make something that's vapable but trying to get it exactly how you want it to be, I find really difficult.

I made something up for a mate once.. a tobacco that he'd imagined in his head, so I put what he asked for in it .. tobacco, almond, cinnamon (or whatever it was, I forget) I thought it tasted pretty good. Gave it to him and he texts me later going "I think you gave me the wrong bottle mate this stuff tastes exactly like peanut butter on toast" :D

.... :19:

Most cola elqiuds are a mix of lemon, lime, cinammon and nutmeg - together they make a cola like flavouring

Back
Top Bottom