What's new

Calling all DIY Juice recipe saviours!

Not sure why the white vinegar? Can you explain
I heard a few 'pros' suggest it, think its supposed to help round the flavours off a bit and reduce fruits harshness.
It did seem to mellow them a touch compared to not having them... But possibly just as i was 'looking' for it too (mind over matter)

If you want to take some harshness out FA Marshmallow is your best friend add 0.5 -1.0% to your mix. Similarly if you want some added sweetness to fruits FA Meringue does the job in same 0.5-1.0% concentration. Another staple you will find in many recipes is TFA vanilla cupcake at 1-2% it helps sweeten smooth and bind fruits together without becoming a dominant note in a recipe.

Stu

If you want to take some harshness out FA Marshmallow is your best friend add 0.5 -1.0% to your mix. Similarly if you want some added sweetness to fruits FA Meringue does the job in same 0.5-1.0% concentration. Another staple you will find in many recipes is TFA vanilla cupcake at 1-2% it helps sweeten smooth and bind fruits together without becoming a dominant note in a recipe.

Stu
Thanks for this :)

I have started experimenting with Meringue and as you say, absolutely works magic on the fruit mixes.
FA Cream Fresh is also seeming like absolute nectar of an addition to help the blending.

Have FA Marshmallow and also Cotton Candy (TFA i think... Can't remember) arriving next week ready for another experimental weekend.... [emoji1]

The wife might get to see me for a few minutes if i can drag myself away from the 'lab', ha! - getting addicted to this DIYing!?

Is it white wine vinager or just white vinager?
I used distilled white, to be honest after more experiments I'm not convinced it really makes any benefit... Think i was sort of 'looking' for it too rather than it actually being there.

Without a doubt, more importantly than anything is getting the concentrate %ages spot on and letting it steep for a week or two.

Since forcing myself to keep the levels low and build up slowly, and to avoid vaping a new mix until a week has passed, my diy is improving monumentally.

Patience is king.
[emoji2]

Back
Top Bottom