What's new

Calling all DIY Juice recipe saviours!

edgy9890

Hi all, hope this is ok to post here, just hoping for a few ideas on getting some recipes that actually work under my belt... Having been a premium juice vaper and moving into DIY I am loving the experience of experimenting but so far nothing I do is getting anywhere near the juice i have been used to...

I make my juice 25%pg/75%vg at just 1.5mg as I sub ohm on cloud beast.

Have the following concentrates and would LOVE some great recipes using just these to restore my faith.... :)

Dragon Fruit - TFA
Strawberry (ripe) - TFA
Strawberry - FA
Blackberry - FA
Black Cherry - FA
Ripe Banana - TFA
Passion Fruit - TFA
Mango - TFA
Lychee - FA
Watermelon - FA
Sicilian Lemon - FA
Custard - FA
Fresh Cream - FA
XTra Mint - FA
Butterscotch - TFA
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - CAP

Would really appreciate some guidance...
I am keeping my %s low and keep reading and reading but just can't hit a good combo... Possibly i need to explore steeping more etc
Have recently been adding a few drops of white vinegar too... I am trying!?

Thanks so much!!

Have you tried the recipes on here they have a star rating that you could use as a guide then check the ingredients with your list

Hi @edgy9890 and welcome to the forum. I think you'll get top notch juice quicker if you buy concentrates for specific, highly rated recipes. If you go to e-Liquid Recipes and view them listed by ratings, you'll find some cracking recipes. You can also input your concentrates to the site and it will bring up all the recipes you can make with them. Of course, it's fun to experiment also and make your own creations, but it takes a lot of learning and it's nice to have tried and tested juices to fall back on while doing so. Best of luck.

You probably need a few more flavours - yours are very fruit heavy. Graham cracker, cheesecake, waffle, yellow cake. Even if you don't like the sound of these, used in minute amounts they can bring another dimension to a juice without actually being identifiable.

As suggested, check out the recipe section as well as this thread:

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...on/mixology/threads/recipe-mega-thread.70266/

There are some good ones here too:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/350kul/solid_list_of_diy_clones/

From your flavours I would make:

3% Strawberry (ripe)
3% Strawberry
4% Lychee
4% Watermelon

and

4% Sicilian Lemon
4% Custard
4% Fresh Cream
4% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

I just made the second one I posted. A bit lemony, but very vapable and the other flavours will come through after a steep.

It's better than all the juices I got from The Liquid Bar last week.

Thanks so much guys, it's good to hear that basically it's down to missing some key and more subtle flavours, and looking at the list now fruit heavy it is (!) certainly helps explain why some of mine have been a touch harsh and not 'blending' together quiet right.

Will get more focused on using existing recipies (can't wait to try the ones you have suggested!) and then start to play around with those to build my own.

Have also just placed the order for Graham cracker, Cheesecake and Waffle :)

Thanks again all, top stuff.

You've got one of my must have flavours there. Fresh cream. I use it in most of my mixes. It really adds a creaminess without adding sweetness. You could always try a simple mix of one or two of your fruits with a touch of the fresh cream. Will smooth them out a treat. ;)

Must admit i tried making a basic strawberry and cream with that approach

Strawberry FA 1%
Strawberry Ripe TFA 4%
Fresh cream FA 2%
Plus 2 drops of white vin (in a 30ml batch)

but think it's not 'deep' enough as removed the harsh of the fruit but got an almost bitter hit to it instead, even after 1 weeks closed steep.
Maybe a couple of days open steep would help initially...?
I really don't understand all this steeping malarkey!?

Might need some custard/cracker/cheesecake (can't wait for them to arrive!) or something...?

Anyway, as suggested, i will crack on with a couple of tried and tested recipes this weekend :)

Back
Top Bottom