What's new

Blackfire, need guidance.

• Thread starter Deleted member 54254
  • Start date
Never tried 555

I've tried western though - has some nice notes in it - almost bakery, but smothered in weird plastic tobacco - it was the last straw for me with TFA and tobacco. If you want a selection of TFA tobaccos, drop me a PM

I'm like you, I need a non-sweet tobacco around. I think INW absolutes and FLV's tobaccos are where it's at for dry tobaccos - even the INW aromes can add too much sweetness sometimes

Most concentrates have some kind of sweetener in them either ethyl maltol or maltol - if you add a few different concentrates you can end up sweet without even trying

I like 1% Virginia absolute, 0.25% DNB as a solid tobacco base...

TFA DX Caramel is my favourite caramel

The INW cuban cigar and garuda absolutes are also very good, they don’t seem to be able to order them anywhere in the uk though.

@John R you might want to think about FA tuscan reserve. It’s a cigar concentrate, but it’s not over the top strong, it’s a nice rich tobacco flavour. I think it would work with the caramel and black fire combo.

I’venwver tried the 555 gold. Maybe @Simon G , @Horrand , @domejunky can advise?

Cheers for the tag, haven't had time to be active here recently unfortunately but just had a flick through this thread.

I've not tried the 555 so have no input there. Surely it definitely has the FA Black Fire in the original, being named that. I'd also recommend the dirty neutral base, again as an additive like @zouzounaki has recommended, it's definitely not a main flavour.

I also saw a mention of FLV Conneticut Shade. This is used in a lot of cigar recipes to emulate the leaf/"paper" and has small hints of coffee to me in it. It's also pretty potent.

@Simon G 's suggestion of FW Butterscotch Ripple sounds like a good shout for this profile too. If i were trying to make this I'd definitely get that involved.

I think you could create something approaching it with just FA caramel, a wee touch of FA black fire and a straight tobacco NET. It would just be a matter of experimenting with the percentages. Someone sent me 10ml of the BCL blackfire to try it out and that’s what it tasted like to me.

I don’t think their flavoured NETs are complicated blends.

Something like that, to me BCL Blackfire is as said mainly caramel, black fire and a tobacco base. Good at the start but as I recall it fades, the tricky part is the tobacco base, maybe something like Inawera Garuda, or another absolute.

I just placed another inawera order direct. The concentrates work our at between £1.40 and £1.90 for 10ml, and the sale section is 60p. About £3 for airmail shipping.

Where you seeing that @zouzounaki ?

http://www.inaweraflavours.com/en/do-it-yourself/691-tobacco-absolute-virginia-10-ml.html Is quite expensive.

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 1.42.18 pm.png

Back
Top Bottom