What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Bezs Liquid.

Come on, have a little toke :2thumbsup:

looks good btw!

Unfortunately, wasn't too good!

The Marula INW was in far too high and was missing the creaminess it needed. As with the Rum FA, Rum INW wasn't strong at all, missed the Rum completely in the first version. A longer steep would prehaps merge the flavours alittle better but I doubt it with this one.

It didn't taste bad at all really... Just tasted nothing like we are going for!

V2, which I haven't got around to mixing up just yet, is :-

Marula INW - 0.8%
Butter Rum FW - 6%
Jamaica Rum INW - 3%
Tiramisu FW - 2.5%
Dulce De Leche FW - 8%
Bavarian Cream TFA - 4%
Fresh Cream FA - 1.5%
Vanilla Swirl TFA - 4%

29.8% total flavouring seems very high to me but using these flavours, I think it may need it.

Again, this is going to be far from the finished article without a doubt!

Unfortunately, wasn't too good!

The Marula INW was in far too high and was missing the creaminess it needed. As with the Rum FA, Rum INW wasn't strong at all, missed the Rum completely in the first version. A longer steep would prehaps merge the flavours alittle better but I doubt it with this one.

I think the rum will be the problem, it's needs to be to the fore, most rum concs read as being sweet and candy like, rather than boozy, and there lies the problem. What can be added to make a mix boozy? Possibilities might included FA Oakwood, in small doses I know it can work well in custard and creamy blends. Triethyl Citrate as an emulsifier, Liquid Amber might help, it also has that fruit element. LA butter rum is supposed to be a bit liqueur like. Other than that, a brandy, not sure whiskey or bourbon is right but it might add some back up booziness. Super Aromas Tiramisu might be a good one and it's dirt cheap, has that liqueur element, so "they" say.

A wildcard: Flv eggnog, might be too spicy though. Too many ifs and buts, tbh. I'll be looking at a basic initial blend of cream, tiramisu and rum/ some other booze.

I'm annoyed at Chefs, you used to be able to get 6 odd 10ml bottles, for the price of large letter P&P, now when you add more than one 10ml bottle, you get the default £3.10 option - it all adds up.

Well I've given the V1 another go after leaving it to steep for abit, wow! Huge difference, perfect recipe to give to someone who doesn't think steeping is a thing. It's far better now, actually surprisingly close to what we are going for.

Rum is still fairly absent but a very slight back note is there. Caramel and cream have come on wonders. Marula is still there but alittle more muted than it was, almost at the level it's at in the drink in my opinion. Tiramsu is there but very subtle, maybe a touch more wouldn't hurt.

I didn't bother mixing V2 up yet as wanted to see where V1 went after a steep. I'll be reevaluating V2 now. Marula needs to stay where it is, Cream needs to come up a tad along with caramel and Rum needs to come up a good bit. Definitely doesn't need any sweetener adding, it's already sweet enough.

Turning into quite an interesting one this...

Given the overall high percentage might be worth considering dropping the other flavours back rather than increase the ones you want to bring forward.
Once you've done that mix a one shot and see how low you can take it before it mutes.
Then again i don't need to tell you how to mix sorry.
My inawera order been sat at Langley Customs for a week now and still not tried the drink but looks like you're doing a sterling job on your own. :2thumbsup:

I'm aiming to order some rum flavours and a different tiramisu (amongst others) from chefs but have held off, just in case there's a bank holiday monday discount code, pop up.

Given the overall high percentage might be worth considering dropping the other flavours back rather than increase the ones you want to bring forward.
Once you've done that mix a one shot and see how low you can take it before it mutes.
Then again i don't need to tell you how to mix sorry.
My inawera order been sat at Langley Customs for a week now and still not tried the drink but looks like you're doing a sterling job on your own. :2thumbsup:

I know what you mean mate, the percentage on that first V2 was too high, the original flavour on V1 was muted, a steep though has really helped it so I'm going to bin that V2 and start a fresh.

Not sure if Dulce De Leche is going to be able to carry the Caramel on its own, think it needs another, deeper, caramel to bring it through abit.

V1 is closeish but not close enough.

When yours arrive mate, use the Marula sparingly, it's pretty potent stuff!

Interested to see what you come up with when yours lands.

@andi52 Let us know what you end up going with. The Tiramsu FW is OK... Just abit weak I think.

I know what you mean mate, the percentage on that first V2 was too high, the original flavour on V1 was muted, a steep though has really helped it so I'm going to bin that V2 and start a fresh.

Not sure if Dulce De Leche is going to be able to carry the Caramel on its own, think it needs another, deeper, caramel to bring it through abit.

V1 is closeish but not close enough.

When yours arrive mate, use the Marula sparingly, it's pretty potent stuff!

Interested to see what you come up with when yours lands.

@andi52 Let us know what you end up going with. The Tiramsu FW is OK... Just abit weak I think.
Is it the plain dulce or the one with caramel?

Dulce De Leche - Flavor West.

It's a creamy caramel, gives a creamy taste with a background caramel note. No cream mouthfeel though. Think if knocked that back to... 3%/4% and add in another stronger caramel/Butterscotch, would work well.

Dulce De Leche - Flavor West.

It's a creamy caramel, gives a creamy taste with a background caramel note. No cream mouthfeel though. Think if knocked that back to... 3%/4% and add in another stronger caramel/Butterscotch, would work well.
Didn't one of the descriptions mention Butterscotch?
Sounds like a good shout!

Didn't one of the descriptions mention Butterscotch?
Sounds like a good shout!

Yeah, someone mentioned Butterscotch earlier on, I think it's needed. Only one I think I have kicking about is Flavourart, I'll do some digging, see if can find a good one. Unless you or anyone else knows a good one?

Back
Top Bottom