What's new

banoffee

As above TFA Banana Cream is a good one.
Banana is tricky cos too much brings out an off note.
Inawera for example I'd try a tester at 0.5% to 1%
The one I've had the most success with is Cupcake World Banana Puree at 1-1.5%
Dulce leche with Caramel is a nice creamy toffee type worthy of including in a banoffee type vape.
I'd probably use FA Cream Fresh or TFA Milk Dairy for the cream save it getting too sweet.
For the pastry id blend cookie dough and biscuit.

Be interested to see where you go with this if you take notes and don't mind reporting back.

Right .. first shot at it ..

Bear in mind I have mixed all ingredients up separately and then mixing together in a 10ml

50% Inawera custard mixed at 8%
35% Inawera shisha banana mixed at 8%
5% Inawera Caramel mixed at ... you guessed it 8%
10% Flavour West butter toffee mixed at 15%
2 drops of Vapable Ethyl Maltol

So roughly ...

This recipe makes 10ml of flavour concentrate.
Ingredient ****************% of total ***********ml **********grams
Inawera Custard ************ 45.5% ************4.55 ***********4.87
Shisha Type Banana (Inawera) *27.3% ************2.73 ***********2.92
Caramel (Inawera) ***********9.1% *************0.91 ***********0.97
Butter Toffee (Flavor West) ****18.2% ************1.82 ***********1.95

Right first off, this is a fail .. obviously, the custard is not the right way to go with this. So I am just ordering ..

Capella - Bavarian Cream
Capella - Creamy Yoghurt
TFA - Whipped cream
Flavour West - Greek yoghurt

Hoping this will be the right way to go.

However, my first mix is bloody lovely .. it's not banoffee .. not by a long shot, but hell it is one lovely toffee custard, the banana is lost in it, but it does add to it .... strangely it comes out more like a biscuit toffee custard. This is deffo a keep recipe. Shame it's not what I was going for :18:

Last edited:
Dulce leche with Caramel is a nice creamy toffee type worthy of including in a banoffee type vape.

It's almost like you knew I was using the wrong toffee ... Maybe I should have listened lol

TBH it is fun, even if I am getting .. so SO wrong ;)

Will carry on using what I have for now, just until I get the cream somewhere near where I think it should be (Bavarian and creamy yoghurt are steeping now), then I will add some of your recommended toffee flavour to my next order.

Right .. first shot at it ..

Bear in mind I have mixed all ingredients up separately and then mixing together in a 10ml

50% Inawera custard mixed at 8%
35% Inawera shisha banana mixed at 8%
5% Inawera Caramel mixed at ... you guessed it 8%
10% Flavour West butter toffee mixed at 15%
2 drops of Vapable Ethyl Maltol

So roughly ...

This recipe makes 10ml of flavour concentrate.
Ingredient ****************% of total ***********ml **********grams
Inawera Custard ************ 45.5% ************4.55 ***********4.87
Shisha Type Banana (Inawera) *27.3% ************2.73 ***********2.92
Caramel (Inawera) ***********9.1% *************0.91 ***********0.97
Butter Toffee (Flavor West) ****18.2% ************1.82 ***********1.95

Right first off, this is a fail .. obviously, the custard is not the right way to go with this. So I am just ordering ..

Capella - Bavarian Cream
Capella - Creamy Yoghurt
TFA - Whipped cream
Flavour West - Greek yoghurt

Hoping this will be the right way to go.

However, my first mix is bloody lovely .. it's not banoffee .. not by a long shot, but hell it is one lovely toffee custard, the banana is lost in it, but it does add to it .... strangely it comes out more like a biscuit toffee custard. This is deffo a keep recipe. Shame it's not what I was going for :18:

I guess it's too late now but I would recommend TPA Bavarian Cream, it's my go to for adding creaminess. The Cap Bavarian cream has a weird dark spicy not I'm not a fan of at all. it might work well with banana though, so who knows.

It's almost like you knew I was using the wrong toffee ... Maybe I should have listened lol

TBH it is fun, even if I am getting .. so SO wrong ;)

Will carry on using what I have for now, just until I get the cream somewhere near where I think it should be (Bavarian and creamy yoghurt are steeping now), then I will add some of your recommended toffee flavour to my next order.
TFA Bavarian Cream as simong says would be a good choice or even Cupcake World Devon Cream to give it some depth.
TBH if you're just after banana and toffee try 5% Dulce leche with caramel and 1% cupcake world banana puree.
I've not tried the shisha banana does it taste true in a plain test?
Most bananas give off an off note and the best one I've found is the CCW one.

I guess it's too late now but I would recommend TPA Bavarian Cream, it's my go to for adding creaminess. The Cap Bavarian cream has a weird dark spicy not I'm not a fan of at all. it might work well with banana though, so who knows.

I will keep that in mind about the Capella bavarian, thanks that could save some time as I will know what to look out for.

TFA Bavarian Cream as simong says would be a good choice or even Cupcake World Devon Cream to give it some depth.
TBH if you're just after banana and toffee try 5% Dulce leche with caramel and 1% cupcake world banana puree.
I've not tried the shisha banana does it taste true in a plain test?
Most bananas give off an off note and the best one I've found is the CCW one.

The Shisha Banana tastes just like the flavour from the banana sweets you used to get when you were a kid, and a lot like the flavour from a good banana milkshake without the milk ... lol it's good but hard to describe.

ATM im trying to get the banana and toffee right, then I am going to try adding some cookie dough.

I will keep that in mind about the Capella bavarian, thanks that could save some time as I will know what to look out for.

I think it's a vanilla note, it reminds me of something like FA Vanilla Tahiti which has a similar dark and spicy vibe., The TPA version is lighter and less vanillary and more of just nice creamy taste to me. Like I said it could work really well with banana but if your final mix is tasting a bit dark and spicy rather than light and creamy then that could be why.

The Shisha Banana tastes just like the flavour from the banana sweets you used to get when you were a kid, and a lot like the flavour from a good banana milkshake without the milk ... lol it's good but hard to describe.

ATM im trying to get the banana and toffee right, then I am going to try adding some cookie dough.
I'm off this week so going to have a play.
I've got Inawera Banana (not shisha) and CCW Banana Puree.
I'll start with a few variations of what i first said above and see where i get.

So i mixed up 4 variations two using inawera banana and two using CCW banana Puree.
The inawera ones were dismissed on the first draft.
Inawera banana is very true tasting but to get it to be prominent enough the percentages need to be over the threshold of staving off the off notes.
Great in the background but not so good at being the star.

Back to the ccw versions.
V1 started out with the banana at 1%, cookie dough at 2%, and biscuit at 3%.
Mixed and waited two hours before trying.
Pretty good off the bat but the milk and cream not showing yet, biscuit and banana a little too low, and cookie dough too high.
Adjustments made and I'll give this one a few days before trying it again.

20191028_113806.jpg

V3 This again started with banana at 1%, cookie dough at 2%, and biscuit too low.
Same as V1 pretty good from the start but with this one I've been a little cautious with as it's already noticeably sweeter so adjustments made and again will try again in a few days.

20191028_113744.jpg

Just had attempt 5 fail and finally realised why, after your comments went back and vaped just the FW butter Toffee and then the Inawera Caramel ... neither are very good prominent flavours.

Deffo ordering some of your suggestions and the TFA bavarian instead of the Capella.

Interesting your cream is 50% , I was going with the cream at about 30% .. but prob as the toffee was so tasteless i was having to put loads in to get a taste.

Back
Top Bottom