What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Anyone mixed Dinner Lady Lemon Tart?

So what did you sub or add ??
I posted the recipe then soon after found the one that got 2nd place on the diyordie comp and now just noticed it's the same recipe. I'm sure the one I posted was from a French website before the other got 2nd place on DiyorDie and I've just noticed there the same recipes lol
Anyway I need the FA custard coz im lead to believe this one has lemon undertones to it and I need the CAP Juicy Lemon. I've just gone on to Chefs flavours to order them and the juicy lemon is out of stock [emoji30] [emoji35]

I used different brands, cookies and cream instead of biscuit, and increased the lemon meringue instead of adding separate meringue.

I'm pleased this has turned out to be such a highly rated recipe.

Very impressed with this. So well balanced between crust and lemon with a nice boldness to the lemon whilst sweet enough to temper the sharpness. Really well crafted I'd say and very accurate to the real lemon tart from my schooldays.

Very impressed with this. So well balanced between crust and lemon with a nice boldness to the lemon whilst sweet enough to temper the sharpness. Really well crafted I'd say and very accurate to the real lemon tart from my schooldays.
Suppose I better try it with no subs then :18:

How on the ball am I hey, I did the thread and 6 weeks or so down the line I finally get round to mixing it now I have the CAP Juicy Lemon, still had to sub a couple though, had to mix it with CAP Vanilla custard V1 and sweetener I only had TFA cotton candy so hope it turns out well.
I'll try it next Sunday

If anyone suffers from the lemon fading through steeping then add 2 drops of pure lemon juice per 10ml.
It really perks the sharp lemon taste up.

If anyone suffers from the lemon fading through steeping then add 2 drops of pure lemon juice per 10ml.
It really perks the sharp lemon taste up.
Intresting but wouldn't that make your coil spit and pop like mad or with it being such a small amount it wouldn't effect it.

Intresting but wouldn't that make your coil spit and pop like mad or with it being such a small amount it wouldn't effect it.
I might give it a go at the weekend might do 1-2 drops in 20ml and see what happens #YOLO. BTW dude ive sent you a PM

In the very small amounts used it doesn't affect the spitting etc But it really does help boost the lemon taste.

Back
Top Bottom