What's new

Almond cookie

hittman

Initiate
I did a sft of WF almond cookie and really liked it and am trying to work on a recipe using it. Here’s the first sample.

WF almond cookie 4%
SC cranberry 3%
FA cookie 1%

It’s not terrible but a little bland and missing much mouth feel. Any suggestions on fixing this?

I did a sft of WF almond cookie and really liked it and am trying to work on a recipe using it. Here’s the first sample.

WF almond cookie 4%
SC cranberry 3%
FA cookie 1%

It’s not terrible but a little bland and missing much mouth feel. Any suggestions on fixing this?
Could try something like:
CAP N.Y. Cheesecake @ 3.75%
RF Cream Cheese @ 0.25%
CAP Lemon & Lime @ 0.75%
TFA Sweet Cream @ 0.75%

For a Citrus Cheesecake?

Could try something like:
CAP N.Y. Cheesecake @ 3.75%
RF Cream Cheese @ 0.25%
CAP Lemon & Lime @ 0.75%
TFA Sweet Cream @ 0.75%

For a Citrus Cheesecake?

Not sure what you’re getting at or how that relates to an almond cookie.

Cap Sugar Cookie (V1) will get you the mouth feel, it's fluffy and sweet .... great stuff. I'd take the FA cookie out myself but you can try that yourself. You can be quite generous with it.... 3-4% maybe? It's got that soft US cookie thing going on.

If you want to boost the almond I would go for FA Marzipan, it's really good in bakeries.

I have no idea about the cranberry though, sorry.

maybe something like this?

WF almond cookie 3%
SC cranberry 3%
Cap Sugar Cookie V1 4%
FA Cookie 1%
FA Marzipan 1%

actually talking of cheesecake...

TPA Cheesecake Graham Crust... if you used 1-2% of that rather than the FA cookie it would give you some nice light buttery/creamy notes in there along with the biscuit, I find FA cookie a bit dry, which is why I said I would leave it out before. I think this would be a better substitute for that (for my personal tastes anyway)

You've already got some great suggestions above.
I was going to say inawera marzipan or inawera green joy which is like a blend of marzipan and pistachio.

Not sure what you’re getting at or how that relates to an almond cookie.
I simply misunderstood what was being looked for...thought you were looking to take it somewhere and didn't realise you only wanted to fill out the Almond Cookie....my bad. I shall don the hat and head for the corner........

Cap Sugar Cookie (V1) will get you the mouth feel, it's fluffy and sweet .... great stuff. I'd take the FA cookie out myself but you can try that yourself. You can be quite generous with it.... 3-4% maybe? It's got that soft US cookie thing going on.

If you want to boost the almond I would go for FA Marzipan, it's really good in bakeries.

I have no idea about the cranberry though, sorry.

maybe something like this?

WF almond cookie 3%
SC cranberry 3%
Cap Sugar Cookie V1 4%
FA Cookie 1%
FA Marzipan 1%

Thanks! I’ll try the sugar cookie in it. I think I have marzipan but will have to check.

actually talking of cheesecake...

TPA Cheesecake Graham Crust... if you used 1-2% of that rather than the FA cookie it would give you some nice light buttery/creamy notes in there along with the biscuit, I find FA cookie a bit dry, which is why I said I would leave it out before. I think this would be a better substitute for that (for my personal tastes anyway)

Thanks. I will mix a sample like that too.

Back
Top Bottom