What's new

Advice re a minty menthol juice I'm contemplating.

Mr Numpty

Veteran
I'm thinking of making a peppermint and menthol juice. Before I even get into it, does that sound like a good or bad idea?

It would be a 70/30 VG/PG juice using TFA peppermint, TFA menthol and with a 2% TFA RY4 Asian backdrop, but I have literally no idea what % peppermint & menthol would be a sensible starting point. What would you suggest? Also, I figure a little ethyl maltol might be appropriate, yes/no?

Thanks.

I mix a FTA spearmint/peppermint double mint at 3% each. Gives Wrigleys double mint. Both are strong as standalones...

I mix
TFA Peppermint 8%
DIY Menthol 1%
Koolada 1% (skip if you dont have it)
TFA Sweetener 2% (not EM, but it may work) but sweetness is deffo needed

This is suited to my taste.
Try above suggestions, and add more/less to suit your taste

I mix a FTA spearmint/peppermint double mint at 3% each. Gives Wrigleys double mint. Both are strong as standalones...

I mix
TFA Peppermint 8%
DIY Menthol 1%

That's absolutely brilliant, thanks to both of you. At least I feel I have a good idea of what's likely to work now. I must get some Koolada, what does it do that menthol doesn't?

Inawera do a mint & eucalyptus concentrate which is a related taste to the one your after. Sometimes I add a little menthol, sometimes not. It's very good when you have a cold, cuts through the snot and the grot a treat. As with all Inawera flavours it is very concentrated, so use between 0.3 and 0.5% depending on taste. This juice tends to taint everything it comes into contact with, so you will need to keep equipment dedicated to this flavour.

I mix
TFA Peppermint 8%
DIY Menthol 1%

I did:

TFA Peppermint 8%
TFA Menthol 2% (As I have no Koolada currently)
TFA RY4 Asian 2%
Ethyl Maltol 1 drop per 5 ml.

Really nice it is and that's with just 1 day of steeping. I have a feeling it's going to get even better. Thanks again for the help. :)

Back
Top Bottom