What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

A little bit of help with harshness?

lupostef

Achiever
Hi

I need a bit of help with my did recipes, I've knocked up a fair few and got the desired flsvours I'm after within reason, now I started off at 50:50 and 60:40 VG/PG ratios as a starting point although I'm used to using 70:30s the majority of the time.
Now I'm finding that after proper daily use, not just a few vapes from the RDA, I'm getting a bit of a sore throat!

Before I go mental and start adding more vg and a bit more flavourings to compromise ratio changes to make my juices 70:30 just want some clarification. Just seems a bit of a coincidence that it's happened with 6 different flavoured juices all tried in different RDA's and tanks just to be on the safe side and also tried a few manufactured juices just to make sure it wasn't me :18:

So I know that the higher the vg the smoother the vape, reckon this is could be the problem for my found harshness on the throat? I'm using 4.5mg nicotine if that makes an py difference?

Thanks in advance
Stef

Rather than change the PG/VG ratio, try reducing the nicotine down to 3mg, see if that makes any difference.

60/40 is about as PG as I can go without it being nasty and harsh for me.

Did make up one load of juices with a base 80/20 0.6% nic that was really harsh for some reason. Binned the lot and remixed with a fresh base and the recipies were fine (well, crap but not harsh). Figure I messed up the base somehow (contaminants, too much nic.. who knows).

Are you drinking plenty water? Vaping does dehydrate tissue.

For some reason I find some of the concentrates are a bit harsh, and some mask harshness. Also i get a lot more of a nic rush vaping my own mixes than with pre-mixed juice. I suspect that some premixed juice has less nic than on the label.

So reduce you nic and see how you go.

Is your pg/vg good? Mix up some 30pg/70vg see how it vapes.

Is your nic good? Mix up some 30pg/70vg with 3-6mg nic see how it vapes.

Drink loads of water 1l per day

Back
Top Bottom