What's new

Wicking Gennie Style Tanks?

paulbee

Achiever
Evening Apes

Can I ask the consensus on wicking these style tanks? Referring to Avocado 22 & 24, Haze, Theorem, Limitless etc.

I've seen that RIP, Mike Vapes and others will have the cotton just reaching into the tank while others, Vic included seem to stuff quite a bit in there. Although I noticed that Vic filled the Avocado 24 through the cotton holes and not the fill hole!!!

I've tried the latter and found it OK on the Avocado and not so great on the theorem so am going to try try the former and will get back with some thoughts but in mean time has anyone else tried both and what did you think?

Cheers

Paul

Evening Apes

Can I ask the consensus on wicking these style tanks? Referring to Avocado 22 & 24, Haze, Theorem, Limitless etc.

I've seen that RIP, Mike Vapes and others will have the cotton just reaching into the tank while others, Vic included seem to stuff quite a bit in there. Although I noticed that Vic filled the Avocado 24 through the cotton holes and not the fill hole!!!

I've tried the latter and found it OK on the Avocado and not so great on the theorem so am going to try try the former and will get back with some thoughts but in mean time has anyone else tried both and what did you think?

Cheers

Paul
Paulbee
Have a look.down the bottom of the page.there is a genny section with loads of tips. Have a sniff down there and Rob will see you right.

Paulbee
Have a look.down the bottom of the page.there is a genny section with loads of tips. Have a sniff down there and Rob will see you right.

Thought that was just got pure gennies, didn't want to incur the wrath!

And now of double post I'll be in double trouble, perhaps @Rob would be so kind as to move this thread there if appropriate?

I can only speak from personal experience of the 22mm Avocado, Wick just in the holes by about 1 mil

No right way really, I tend to keep mine short for a faster wick, some prefer longer wicks for more convenient wicking (less tilting, holding upside down etc)

Back
Top Bottom