Innokin
What's new

Vandy Vape Mesh RTA

Mitz

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I see VV are bringing out a mesh rta. I really don't get it tho. Cthulhu brought out the Ceto to kick off the mesh revival. And the flavour was atrocious and non-existant. A very smooth vape but tasteless. And due to the vertical structure of the posts and the mesh a hell of a lot of cotton was needed and therefore a hell of a lot of juice. Most of which never got anywhere near the mesh. Basically, it was a disaster.

Then a couple days ago I received the Vandy Vape Mesh RDA. Instead of vertical posts it had clamps built in to the deck with the mesh sitting horizontally. And only a small amount of cotton was needed as it sat on the deck covered by the mesh. Like the ceto it gives a very smooth vape. But unlike the ceto the VV rda actually produced OK flavour. Not enough to compete with a good dripper but enough to make it acceptable, enjoyable and different enough to justify buying and playing around with.

And now VV are bringing out an RTA. It's vertical like the ceto. It's a very long way up for the juice to wick. Is this gonna be a tasty, innovative, beast or another tasteless ceto with added wicking issues?

Royal Flush Vape
I am quite interested in the rta version, I did have the taifun that used mesh, but did not get on with it.

I am quite interested in the rta version, I did have the taifun that used mesh, but did not get on with it.
I can see this being really shite. I watched a video yesterday from a vendor opening the box and taking the rta apart to show its bits and bobs. It uses the exact same posts and clamping system as the Ceto. So it's basically the Ceto inside a tank. The Ceto was garbage. I tried every build imaginable including coils and they were all shite. And due to the amount of cotton needed, a hell of a lot of juice is wasted.

I like the mesh rda they've brought out. And I like the ShenRay mesh rdta I've just got. But this rta is a ceto in a tank and the ceto with its vertical posts produced the least flavour I have ever experienced from any device I've ever owned, be it; rda, rba, rta or rdta. It just sucked. I really wish they had designed this rta with the same postless deck with clamps built in to the deck just like the rda they've done.

Gonna have to wait for someone else to buy this first and give feedback before I consider it. A shame because I was really looking forward to it until I discovered it had vertical posts. :17:

Last edited:
AcmeFog
It's quite flavousome but managing to get a build done that dosent flood or get burnt hits is pretty tricky, onto my second build with it now and now its dry burning. Its a bitch.

It's quite flavousome but managing to get a build done that dosent flood or get burnt hits is pretty tricky, onto my second build with it now and now its dry burning. Its a bitch.
Doesn't surprise me one bit. The wick port is at the bottom and yet the posts are vertical and the cotton sits pretty high in the tank. With the quantity of cotton needed for this design it seems inevitable. I really wanted to this to work and be amazing but I just really couldn't see any way that it could. I wish they had come up with their own design instead of copying Cthulhu Mod's Ceto design. At least with the Ceto you had a squonk pin in the middle of the build squirting juice from the top and middle. With this you just got little wick ports at the bottom! How that's supposed to saturate the cottom all the way up to the top I'll never know. WTF were Vandy Vape thinking with this?!

Think I'm gonna give this one a miss. Boo hoo! :17:

Thanks for the feedback @Airdawndagg :worship:

Notice how not one of the big reviewers have touched this? Guessing they didn't wanna have to leave dreadful reviews. The only reviewer that's done it that I recognize is "vape don't smoke" and that's the guy who said the flavour from the Ceto was "incredible". Every single other reviewer said it was a piece of shit and it was a piece of shit and the flavour was abysmal. It wasn't even worthy of being used a paper weight. I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of his mouth so it doesn't surprise me one bit that he's the only one who's reviewed it.

Last edited:
The Electronic Cigarette Company
Hi, wondering if any of you can give me a steer.

I have the vandy vape mesh and cthulu iris on the way, just because I've not tried mesh coils before and fancied having a go. Watched a few builds online and looks pretty easy, but...

I've realised that I've suddenly got a new build materiel I actually know nothing about, and there's bugger all information online, and what is there tends mainly to deal with mesh as a wick. I'm not even sure at the moment what the grades properly signify. I'm guessing that higher grades are finer weaves with finer wires, but whether that means more metal and a lower resistance, or whether thicker wire with bigger gaps is the order of the day I'm not sure of.

I currently build dual coils with ss316l staple framed Clapton which comes out around .1 ohm at 5 wraps of 3mm each, use 75/25 ish juice at around 125 watts, and would be really grateful if you could direct me to any decent information at all.

Many thanks in advance,

Mark

Back
Top Bottom