Vape Club
What's new

Urmom Genesis Coil Tutorial (RSST, SS Rope, Mesh, Ribbon)

Thanks for letting me know.

Haven't got around to doing anything else with the RSST, as decided to get away for xmas and just got back last night! will have a play over the next couple of days.

but as you say, the wick isn't the hard part anyway - its getting the coil right

My plan is to get another RSST with the adjustable cap and use your double wrap ribbon on that and build a new coil my current one (2mm air hole), but just do one set of wraps and build to around 0.8ohms, so I don't have the heating issue

Ah, it's a stressful thing. Heating issues?

The Electronic Cigarette Company
Ah, it's a stressful thing. Heating issues?

Yes, remember post #32? - my build gets incredibly hot after 10-15min use - to the point where the vape is a little too warm for my liking - not burnt, just too hot

I have a choice of drilling the current one to 3mm - of just get another RSST with adjustable cap.

Yes, remember post #32? - my build gets incredibly hot after 10-15min use - to the point where the vape is a little too warm for my liking - not burnt, just too hot

I have a choice of drilling the current one to 3mm - of just get another RSST with adjustable cap.

Ah right, I remember that. I just thought you meant hot spots or something. Apologies.

AcmeFog
manic_asif how you getting on now? Did you get the adjustable airflow cap?

I tried mine today at 50w because I had a 30pg/70vg juice to try. It keeps up fine, but it gets seriously hot...

manic_asif how you getting on now? Did you get the adjustable airflow cap?

I tried mine today at 50w because I had a 30pg/70vg juice to try. It keeps up fine, but it gets seriously hot...

Hiya - Happy New Hear!

No not yet, ordered but not had delivery yet - hopefully sometime this week

I ended up ordering a normal pyrex RSST and also a dual coil setup with adjustable airflow cap - it made more sense to get this then spend 50% of the cost just to get a cap. This way I can swap then arund as needed.

I also went for the RSST-C, just out of curiosity, and the fact it was reduced by 20% at Red Juice :-) - I wil let you know how I get on.

In the meantime, I have drilled the hole in my original RSST to 3mm - and it has made a huge difference to the heat (doesn't get as nearly as hot as it did before at around 22-25w. - but, the flavour has muted slightly as a result. Not a huge a amount, but noticeable

Once I get the other RSST's - I will have a play with different coil setup

Vape Club
Hiya - Happy New Hear!

No not yet, ordered but not had delivery yet - hopefully sometime this week

I ended up ordering a normal pyrex RSST and also a dual coil setup with adjustable airflow cap - it made more sense to get this then spend 50% of the cost just to get a cap. This way I can swap then arund as needed.

I also went for the RSST-C, just out of curiosity, and the fact it was reduced by 20% at Red Juice :-) - I wil let you know how I get on.

In the meantime, I have drilled the hole in my original RSST to 3mm - and it has made a huge difference to the heat (doesn't get as nearly as hot as it did before at around 22-25w. - but, the flavour has muted slightly as a result. Not a huge a amount, but noticeable

Once I get the other RSST's - I will have a play with different coil setup

Fantastic news. Try ramping up the wattage if you are having reduced flavour.

I finally got a bit of SS rope and forgot to buy the damn ribbon.

What gauge would be best.

Vape Green
You got mesh?

I use 1mmx0.1mm.

I do indeed, I might just do it with round again and wait till my next visit to the emporium to pick some up since it is on the other side of the city but will take note of that size

Smoore
I do indeed, I might just do it with round again and wait till my next visit to the emporium to pick some up since it is on the other side of the city but will take note of that size

I doubt you'll be able to get it there, it's a hard size to get hold of. Vapemesh co is the only place I've seen it.

Back
Top Bottom