What's new

Urmom Genesis Coil Tutorial (RSST, SS Rope, Mesh, Ribbon)

I prefer a warm vape but I'm not that fussed, but there is something I haven't read much about that concerns me when buying a tank.

When mouth-to-lunging with an RDA or a Fogger, the lung hit is very severe, leading to a coughing fit, and it's nothing to do with nicotine or airflow. I've always assumed it's something to do with what happens to the vapour mix in a large chamber. Straight-to-lung doesn't do this, even with high nicotine.

I'll end up buying a Gennie just to satisfy my curiosity and Shinyitus and just suffer straight-to-lung if it's too harsh.

Hm okay, it could be the heat causing the coughing fit? Not really heard of anyone else with the same problem. I find that if I do something weird while inhaling it can cause me to choke slightly. If you chain vape this (around 1ml in a few minutes) it gets extremely hot though. Friend of mine actually melted a plastic drip tip it got so hot with a low ohm genny build.

Yeah, if you can't build it send it my way if you want me to build it for you. I haven't used another atty since I learned to coil it about a month ago.

Hm okay, it could be the heat causing the coughing fit? Not really heard of anyone else with the same problem. I find that if I do something weird while inhaling it can cause me to choke slightly. If you chain vape this (around 1ml in a few minutes) it gets extremely hot though. Friend of mine actually melted a plastic drip tip it got so hot with a low ohm genny build.

Yeah, if you can't build it send it my way if you want me to build it for you. I haven't used another atty since I learned to coil it about a month ago.

Thanks, I'll let you know how I get on.

It doesn't really break in at all. But definitely drill it out.

Really though, get on the ribbon. It's so much better.

Wow! - managed to drill the air hole to around 2mm (made a pigs ear of it, but the hole is definitely bigger :) )

What a difference! much thicker vapour and now get more flavour! If this is what this is like after my first crappy build, things can only get better!)

I will run with this for a day or so and then try a another build with the ribbon wire.

I tend to vape VG heavy liquids (>70%) - so do you suggest that I remove one of the cores from the steel rope? (not quite how I would do that yet)

..or, should I just try the mesh with ribbon wire first, then try with the rope another time?

Thanks for all your help!:thankssign:

It doesn't really break in at all. But definitely drill it out.

Really though, get on the ribbon. It's so much better.

You my friend are an effing genius!

I followed your instructions to the letter (your script made a lot more sense when actually doing it) - built, with rope, mesh and ribbon wire. The resistance has come out at 0.41 ohms. Its vaping liking a dream! loads of thick clouds and the flavour has certainly improved. I removed a strand from the rope, as I use high VG liquids

Really happy with it - thanks for the guide! didn't turn our as difficult as I thought it would.

As a comparison, I also built a fresh 0.44 ohm Plume Veil (single coil, using 0.5mm wire) and Japanese cotton wick and at the moment, the RDA is just beating the RSST in both vapour and flavour, but not by much. I reckon with a little more practice I could get a better build on the RSST and it may be a different story - but really happy it considering its only my first (well 2nd actually) build.

Have noticed the 2ml tank on the RSST doesn't last very long, but still longer than the Plume Veil :-)

Thanks once again...

So I had a spare afternoon, so I thought I'd do everyone a tutorial on how I coil the RSST. I tried to make it as in depth and newb friendly as possible, hope it helps.

Urmom Coil Tutorial - Imgur

It's also incredibly important for me to note, I did NOT invent this coil. The original guide is here (UKVap.es) and was created by the co-owner of 8bitvape.co.uk. I just decided to do my take on the coil, and make it a little more in depth.

If you have any queries, feel free to PM me or tag me in this thread.

Edit: If this tutorial seems daunting to you, feel free to post me an RSST and I'll happily build it and post it back free.

Good tut and kudos.....
used to be rope advocate myself but the ramp up time did not suit me and now build mesh only to avoid cooking my juice.
mesh and ribbon is a win though... my fav build

Wow! - managed to drill the air hole to around 2mm (made a pigs ear of it, but the hole is definitely bigger :) )

What a difference! much thicker vapour and now get more flavour! If this is what this is like after my first crappy build, things can only get better!)

I will run with this for a day or so and then try a another build with the ribbon wire.

I tend to vape VG heavy liquids (>70%) - so do you suggest that I remove one of the cores from the steel rope? (not quite how I would do that yet)

..or, should I just try the mesh with ribbon wire first, then try with the rope another time?

Thanks for all your help!:thankssign:

Well, I'm currently vaping a 98% vg juice at 38 watts and it's working fine. To remove a core, just grip one strand with pliers and pull it out gently.

Yeah, absolutely. That's what I said on my first crap build. I was so happy.

Definitely use mesh and SS rope though.

Good tut and kudos.....
used to be rope advocate myself but the ramp up time did not suit me and now build mesh only to avoid cooking my juice.
mesh and ribbon is a win though... my fav build

Glad you liked the tutorial.

Also, what do you mean by ramp up time?

But yeah, if you chain vape it gets seriously hot.

You my friend are an effing genius!

I followed your instructions to the letter (your script made a lot more sense when actually doing it) - built, with rope, mesh and ribbon wire. The resistance has come out at 0.41 ohms. Its vaping liking a dream! loads of thick clouds and the flavour has certainly improved. I removed a strand from the rope, as I use high VG liquids

Really happy with it - thanks for the guide! didn't turn our as difficult as I thought it would.

As a comparison, I also built a fresh 0.44 ohm Plume Veil (single coil, using 0.5mm wire) and Japanese cotton wick and at the moment, the RDA is just beating the RSST in both vapour and flavour, but not by much. I reckon with a little more practice I could get a better build on the RSST and it may be a different story - but really happy it considering its only my first (well 2nd actually) build.

Have noticed the 2ml tank on the RSST doesn't last very long, but still longer than the Plume Veil :-)

Thanks once again...

Great to here this, I just replied to your other comment...

Also, are you tilting? That is needed at higher watts. Also if it isn't wicking properly, take the fill plug out.

I'm really glad you are liking it though. I wish I made the transition earlier.

Another thing I should of noted on the guide.

I can't recommend using a metal drip tip. It gets seriously hot.

Sorry if it seems like I'm using this thread as a diary, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

I tried this build at plus 30w today. I tried 33 for a while, then ramped it up to 40. I'm stunned the wicking keeps up, but it does. I'm using 80vg undiluted with the fill plug out, and it's producing a ridiculous amount of vapour.

Back
Top Bottom