What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

SS Mesh.

mrHAIRYface

Postman
Right guys I'm gonna be grabbing some #500 Mesh when I order my Gamma V2, using 325 atm on NY aga but apparently 500 should wick quicker so gonna try that, but when I cut my mesh square, are you supposed to cut it out of the a4 sheet so your mesh is diagonal? Or does it matter so little that no one does it?

It doesn't matter if its cut diagonal or not. 500 will be quite fine so only good for high pg juice.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

I just cut it square tbh, never noticed a difference either way. A good tip I picked up with mesh is to fold over a couple of mm on one end, the start the roll from opposite end making the folded edge the exposed edge, if that makes sense? it seemed to help cut down on hotspots.

I use pretty much 70/30 PG/VG juice, just that PBusardo did a test and 500 seemed to come out on top, then again I don't know what ratios he tested with, rip trippers said 325 was good mesh but then again based on his clouds hes probably a VG Junkie right?

I just cut it square tbh, never noticed a difference either way. A good tip I picked up with mesh is to fold over a couple of mm on one end, the start the roll from opposite end making the folded edge the exposed edge, if that makes sense? it seemed to help cut down on hotspots.

Yeah I know what you mean mate, cheers for the tip :)

I use #400 ss mesh,does for my 50-50,60-40 or higher VG juices,though struggles with pure VG until the device has warmed through(I was bored so did some experimenting with some PG/VG mixes)The #500 mesh will likely clog more rapidly(depending on flavours used)Can't think of anything else to add.

Back
Top Bottom