What's new

Sat 22, what's the trick then ?

I thought I vaped it at 0.8 but I'm wrong...it's a really crisp apple without the need for low ohms or high watts.

As I said, the clone is decent just not as distinctive in the vape.

This is what I was afraid you'd say @ DaveX :);)

I was just posting when you mentioned me there.

I've just had another tinker, put a micro coil in there around the same resistance again. My resistance meter says it's 1.1ohm & i believe that. My device says it's 0.9ohm but that's because it's a cheap vw mod & it's wrong.

Whatever, the same wick reused & some ry4 (steamgunk 50/50) The vape is better but still not as flavoursome as i'm used too. I am getting some of the sweeter tones coming through now though.

I've got stemgunk ry4 in at the mo' for this fresh tank. I've had some puros dark through it but that lost it's edge. I also tried some thinner stuff, space shark from bestcigliquid, well that was flavoursome but i can't jusdge anything from that because that juice is so overkilled with flavour that i can't touch it. Shit, it went down the sink this time, weird that, i liked it for an hour or two & then after that is was rank.

I also swapped the brass bush & nut around to accomodate the micro coil & avoid a long leg, that worked well. The original cap with the stock air holes just stifles it but my drilled cap is a marked improvement so i'll stick with that one.

EDIT. Upping the wattage to 16 watts (according to the ipv mini) makes it better. There is one bug worth mentioning. With the clone, the adjustable 510 pin is loose-running & when it's screwed all the way home it is recessed inside the threaded negative. If it wasn't, it would make a better connection. When you unscrew it to protrude just where it's needed it is a spinner ! These details should be pointed out because nobody should judge the satburn by this standerd. Is the genuine article like that or does the adjustable pin hold it's position with some friction ?

Last edited:
So 30 mins later & i am getting a better vape now. It's a weird thing crossing over to mesh from cotton, i'm not a mesh virgin but i only ever dabbled here & there previously. I feel confident with the stuff now so it has been a worthwhile venture no matter what. :)

I think that this thread also serves to demonstrate some of the finer points between a high quality precision atomizer from an original concept & a copy which is really a bit of a wolf in sheeps clothing. It all in the detail & that's why i normally opt for genuine attys. Once again a clone has shown its shortcomings. I'm cool with that though, not precious about my purchace, it is what it is & i'm not one to convince myself of any illusions regardless of price.

I won't judge the Satburn by this clone, it wouldn't be fair & i still might pull the trigger on a real one because the form factor is superb.

Gratitude to the super apes here for getting in & helping, both sides of the coin eh ! ;)

Rob fruit flavoured juices really pop with the Sat22 ..... or any other genny atty as a matter of fact. ;)

Dammit. I didn't realise you'd been using cotton, I could have saved us all a lot of time by telling you to throw all your kit in the bin. Cotton in a fucking genny ought to be banned.

Dammit. I didn't realise you'd been using cotton, I could have saved us all a lot of time by telling you to throw all your kit in the bin. Cotton in a fucking genny ought to be banned.

I've never used cotton in a genny. I was saying about moving over to mesh, from cotton. Cotton in my rda's.... Do try to keep up ! ;):D It still isn't as good as my drippers thus far, it's gonna be a passive sideline until the day it shows its true colours.

I've never used cotton in a genny. I was saying about moving over to mesh, from cotton. Cotton in my rda's.... Do try to keep up ! ;):D It still isn't as good as my drippers thus far, it's gonna be a passive sideline until the day it shows its true colours.

Im sorry, I have a cold :D

Well I've not long wicked my Sat22 up with mesh / silica and have to say it's up there with the Heron in terms of flavour.

Attachments

• 1426856490824.jpg
    1426856490824.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 68
Back
Top Bottom