What's new

Personal thoughts on the best and worst mesh Rta's?

A little update on the Profile RDTA.

First off, I use it with the Clapton mesh. Haven't bothered with anything else for the time being because, well, I've only had it for a few days. Crucial part here is that I wicked it using Wotofo's XFiber cotton. Problems started appearing, as I've posted about before, when the tank was less than half full. The cotton would dry out and I would get burnt taste. Thankfully, what I love about this clapton mesh (even though I prefer the others slightly) is that its dry hit isn't as bad as normal mesh. Still terrible and like Satan's farts, but it's like Satan has started eating some fibre instead of the hellish steak and garlic farts of normal mesh. Anyway, I messed with the cotton here and there, pushing it in where the hot spots would appear, like I do in my other RTAs, but nothing seemed to fix the problem. Not enough juice meant dry cotton which meant burning and satanic flatulence. At first I was kinda bummed that it was the atty's fault. Today I had some spare time and decided enough's enough and I rewicked it with Cotton Bacon Prime. If you want to ask how much cotton I used, the answer is yes. Same strip, same juice, only changed the cotton. Instantly better. Like a different atty. I don't know why, but even flavour is better. Wicks like a charm. I still have to tilt the thing for it to feed juice if it's running low, but I already do when vaping, so it's a non issue. Really happy with what I'm getting here. I even had the audacity to take the Profile off of the Grus and plop it on my Gen X (Grus is more than fine for a single battery, but c'mon). Before rewicking, it felt like it was getting overwhelmed on the Gen, unless the tank was completely full. Now, even at 80W it's keeping up and wicking without fault.

Long story short, the moral of the story is "don't skimp on the cotton boys and girls". XFiber has served me well while I was learning, but it's not on the same level as CBP. Maybe Vapefly or Vandy Vape cotton is better, but I've nailed mesh down now, so no reason for me to bother.

The secret to both of them is the cotton, Vandy Vape M or Firebolt M. I swear by the stuff.

Will have to give these a go. I'm squonking on the Profile 1.5 using Vandy Vape SS316L 200 and 300 mesh, generally between 90 & 100w. I've tried loads of cotton and the only one that wicks quick enough is Bacon Prime. It's deffo my go to and vapes perfectly at high wattage.

Ordered some of the VV cotton you linked to and will see how that performs

The secret to both of them is the cotton, Vandy Vape M or Firebolt M. I swear by the stuff.
Tried the Vandy Vape M for nearly a week now running at 90w and you're right, it's good stuff. No burnt hits and plenty of flavour, cheers for the heads up on that one the shoe laces and not having to tear pieces off actually makes the VV edge in front of the Bacon Prime now for me.

Tried cotton gods, wotofo and fuzz. So far its only Bacon Prime and the Vandy Vape M that's been up to high wattage without collapsing/dry hits.

I need to try some of this VV mesh cotton, I normally just use three strips of shoelace but I'm sure I've seen it for £2 a pack of 10 somewhere, a few packs of that would last year's

I've done Grenade mesh cotton to try too but I don't rewick them all that often because they last ages

Tried the Vandy Vape M for nearly a week now running at 90w and you're right, it's good stuff. No burnt hits and plenty of flavour, cheers for the heads up on that one the shoe laces and not having to tear pieces off actually makes the VV edge in front of the Bacon Prime now for me.

Tried cotton gods, wotofo and fuzz. So far its only Bacon Prime and the Vandy Vape M that's been up to high wattage without collapsing/dry hits.
CBP is the shit, yeah. I had some problems with the Profile RDTA burning/dry hitting at higher wattages when the tank was running low, so I decided to give it a try. I was pretty much using Wotofo XFiber exclusively for my mesh builds, but CBP is noticeably better. I think it even improves the vape itself, making it fuller, but it may be placebo so don't quote me on that. Might need to bite the bullet and try some of that VV cotton.

Are mesh RTAs still a thing? I'd really like to get one even if only for the experience of using one but I'm not seeing many about and have no clue where to start.

Are mesh RTAs still a thing? I'd really like to get one even if only for the experience of using one but I'm not seeing many about and have no clue where to start.

I keep fancying taking the plunge too @MarrtyG-H. Most people seem to favour the Unity but I've always quite fancied a Kylin M myself...

Hellvape have just launched a Dead Rabbit M too, so it'll be interesting to see where that one goes.

Back
Top Bottom