Innokin
What's new

Personal thoughts on the best and worst mesh Rta's?

No, not at all.

Aye, I think there's more space in the chimney on the Zeus. I might try an angled cut next time for science though.

That's handy @JohnNada, so, the "shoulders" don't need to be that big? I thought they needed a bit of mass to them for the the upper juice-flow channels?

It's always takes me 2 or 3 goes wicking the Unity, it either borders on a dry hit or it floods on refills, I find the the top airflow mesh a lot easier to wick consistently so I just stick with those now

Yeah once the tails are tucked in you want to trim the sides so they're aligned with the edge of the juice wells and trim the top just a mm or so above the mesh (zoom in on pic 5). When you screw the base back on it shouldn't feel like the cotton is being compressed or snagged. I always do my 1st fill after a rebuild with the af closed and that seems to prevent leaks or flooding (even with af open for future refills).

I'm telling yas... it's that magical cotton!

Royal Flush Vape
Yeah once the tails are tucked in you want to trim the sides so they're aligned with the edge of the juice wells and trim the top just a mm or so above the mesh (zoom in on pic 5). When you screw the base back on it shouldn't feel like the cotton is being compressed or snagged. I always do my 1st fill after a rebuild with the af closed and that seems to prevent leaks or flooding (even with af open for future refills).

I'm telling yas... it's that magical cotton!

I've a bunch of different mesh cottons, they vary quite a bit in density, I'll have to look out for those Vandy Vape ones

Part of me doesn't like using "propriety" cotton, there's something inside of me that says "one day, you won't be able to buy these" so I try & use Muji pads when I'm not feeling lazy, it takes a little longer but they work fine

I've a bunch of different mesh cottons, they vary quite a bit in density, I'll have to look out for those Vandy Vape ones

Part of me doesn't like using "propriety" cotton, there's something inside of me that says "one day, you won't be able to buy these" so I try & use Muji pads when I'm not feeling lazy, it takes a little longer but they work fine

That's a fair point about proprietary cotton but I can't see this stuff going anywhere for a while. There's also Firebolt M which is new out and on par with the VV stuff. WoToFo also do a 6mm XFiber although I haven't tried yet (the ones that came with my Unity and M are still in the box). I did try the Steam Crave Mesh Laces but they were shite, too thin and collapse too quickly. I know you can buy a lifetime supply of pads for the price of a pack on these other ones but I think they're worth it for their ease of use and how well they perform.

Vape Green
That's a fair point about proprietary cotton but I can't see this stuff going anywhere for a while. There's also Firebolt M which is new out and on par with the VV stuff. WoToFo also do a 6mm XFiber although I haven't tried yet (the ones that came with my Unity and M are still in the box). I did try the Steam Crave Mesh Laces but they were shite, too thin and collapse too quickly. I know you can buy a lifetime supply of pads for the price of a pack on these other ones but I think they're worth it for their ease of use and how well they perform.

You're right but I'm thinking in 10 - 20 years time :18: My brain thinks like that, it's why I'm not keen on sub-ohm tanks & pods and that, in 2040 we'll probably be vaping on lasers or something anyway but I'll still want to whip out a Profile & be able to vape on it if I want :18:

Vape Superstore
You take that back! It's my baby and it's beautiful :love:
No! It's OOGLY! :D
I'll be keen to hear how you get on with the RDTA. Everyone seems to love them.

My Profile M arrived today and it's an instant winner. The capacity isn't the best but my God the flavour is amazing... and dare I say a touch above the Unity. Shhh... no, I never said that :D

I'd argue the M and Unity are super easy to wick too, but I only vape them at 50W so less likely to get dry hits (still never had one *touch wood*).
Got the RDTA earlier today and wanted to go through at least a tank before I posted my opinion. It's delightful. I put a piece of clapton mesh in it and I was off to the races. It's a very flavorful, very saturated vape and it's warm enough to be enjoyable. Wicking it was also a breeze, BUT towards the end of the tank the cotton started drying up and I got a hotspot on one corner of the mesh where the cotton wasn't making proper contact because I'd moved it when filling. I don't know if that was a one off thing or if that's the way it is with these top coilers or if it's because I didn't tilt it very much when vaping it, but it's aight. So far I'm very happy with it, it also looks very cool. I don't think it's gonna replace my Supreme V3 (that thing is pure awesomeness), but it's well worth the money.

As for the Profile M, my first impressions weren't that good for some reason. Something was off, probably my wicking, and it was barely on par with the Zeus. Then I started messing with it a bit and yeah, I gotta admit, it's actually pretty awesome flavour wise. What kills it for me is the capacity, I thought that because it's small I'd want to use it with a single battery mod outdoors, but it runs out of juice pretty quickly. BUT! Due to its shortness, the top airflow means nothing bad for flavour, as it pretty much hits the mesh from the side. Now that I have them all set up properly, it reminds me more of the vape I get from the RDTA rather than the Zeus, although the vapor is more condensed on the M than both the others (probably due to the narrow chimney). I'm also using it with a lemonade flavoured juice and the fact that it's a cooler vape doesn't matter now, it's perfect with that juice!

Lastly, I see in your sig that you have the Odin 100. How is it? I was torn between that and the LV Grus after the disappointment that was the Drag X+, but ended up going with the Grus. Not disappointed at all by it, it's awesome, just wish it was a bit on the smaller side. I do like the weight, even though many people are bugged by it. Fully loaded, it's quite a bit heavier even than my Gen X, and that's a dual 18650 mod! Also, battery life with these 21700s is insane, man. If I completely empty my 18650s on the Gen, they charge about 2200-2400mAh each (And I specifically mention the Gen, because it discharges the batteries more than my Argus GT by about 100-200mAh). Molicel P28as fare a bit better than my VTC6s at 2400-2500mAh (even though stated capacity is lower on the Molicels). If I completely empty my P42a on the Grus, it charges up to 3900+mAh. That's almost the same capacity as 2x18650! Nuts!

PS : @andi52 , if you haven't already, try the Zeus with an uncut strip of the larger NexMesh ones (the ones for the RDTA, preferably the Turbo IMO). IIRC your Zeus deck is modded, right? If so, you're kind of missing out with the other strips. Just pay attention to the wicking, the wider strip makes it a bit tricky, but the result is awesome!

PS 2 : Here's some pictures of the Profile RDTA on the Grus. It's a bit ridiculous, but I love it. And yes, I do like my gun metal stuff. :D
IMG_20210409_191537.jpg IMG_20210409_191543.jpg IMG_20210409_191549.jpg

Last edited:
@tolis626 glad your liking the RDTA! Looks really good on the Grus.

I love the Odin. Its not too big, not too small and fits in the hand perfectly. Nice weight to it without being too heavy. Good chip in it too, even if it's not the DNA version. TC works well with SS mesh and battery life is great with a P42a. My only minor complaint is the side vents are a pocket fluff magnet so it's my in the house mod.

AcmeFog
@tolis626 glad your liking the RDTA! Looks really good on the Grus.

I love the Odin. Its not too big, not too small and fits in the hand perfectly. Nice weight to it without being too heavy. Good chip in it too, even if it's not the DNA version. TC works well with SS mesh and battery life is great with a P42a. My only minor complaint is the side vents are a pocket fluff magnet so it's my in the house mod.
Yeah, it's actually a pretty great combo! With it being mesh it's also kind of ok with the battery, unlike dual coils, so I like the combo really much! On the Drag X+ the Aromamizer looked a bit ridiculous, but on the Grus they both look fantastic. And it vapes better, but that's another thing.

I see... Might give that one a try too at some point if I feel like it! I might gift the Drag to someone and get the Odin alongside the Grus. It should be better for outdoors use as it's much lighter than the absolute unit that is the Grus.

@tolis626 I'd deffo recommend the Odin but would also suggest the Aegis Max. I have the Solo (single 18650) and it's the perfect mod for outdoors and super ergonomic. The Max would be even better as due to it being 21700. Amazon had them for £9 recently and I really regret not buying one.

The Electronic Cigarette Company
@tolis626 I'd deffo recommend the Odin but would also suggest the Aegis Max. I have the Solo (single 18650) and it's the perfect mod for outdoors and super ergonomic. The Max would be even better as due to it being 21700. Amazon had them for £9 recently and I really regret not buying one.
Oh, I'm well aware of that one. I don't like how it looks one bit, so I kind of skipped it, but I will probably get one if I can find it super cheap for just one use case - the beach. Living in Greece has its benefits, but whatever device you take with you at the beach, it's gonna have a hard time if you're not careful. Sand gets everywhere, salt too, I might wanna get a few puffs even though I still haven't dried from the water, there's a lot of opportunities to destroy a mod (and other devices, such as smartphones). I do have a half beaten to death Innokin Coolfire Z50 that could maybe fill that role, but I'm not really that into MTL and that little thing can't do DL to save its life. So yeah, the Aegis Max is on my radar, but I'll wait for cheap ones.

Also, having experienced 21700s, I don't think I'll ever get a single 18650 mod. :D

Back
Top Bottom