What's new

Personal thoughts on the best and worst mesh Rta's?

For now, since I'm refusing to buy a Unity (IT"S OOGLY), I also ordered a Profile RDTA . Should be in my hands tomorrow, can't wait to try it. And seeing how much I liked the Zeus with the wider mesh strips (it's REALLY good with an uncut strip of NexMesh Turbo), I think I'm in for a treat.

You take that back! It's my baby and it's beautiful :love:

I'll be keen to hear how you get on with the RDTA. Everyone seems to love them.

My Profile M arrived today and it's an instant winner. The capacity isn't the best but my God the flavour is amazing... and dare I say a touch above the Unity. Shhh... no, I never said that :D

I'd argue the M and Unity are super easy to wick too, but I only vape them at 50W so less likely to get dry hits (still never had one *touch wood*).

The Ragnar is excellent, needs to be with the mesh though. The Unity, it's just awesome, but fussy, very fussy, on the wicking.
Hmmmm... I might just bite the bullet and get it at some point and just accept that I'm joining the overhang club. The Plus V2 would fit on my Grus just fine, but I don't feel it's different enough from my Supreme V3 to bother. Plus, I would want to use such an atty with beefy coils and a single battery mod would probably not cut it.

As for the Unity, I don't know why but wicking it was easy for me. Granted, I only wicked it like 3 times before I gave it back, but never had any problems with it. The Zeus on the other hand... Oof. At least got that sorted, though.

As for the Unity, I don't know why but wicking it was easy for me. Granted, I only wicked it like 3 times before I gave it back, but never had any problems with it. The Zeus on the other hand... Oof. At least got that sorted, though.

The opposite for me, the Zeus is no probs but the Unity can be a pita :18:

The secret to both of them is the cotton, Vandy Vape M or Firebolt M. I swear by the stuff.

I use Jap Puff Cotton pads, on all my mesh tanks. My problem with the unity is it's fussy on tail length, plus the Chimney is quite restrictive around the cotton, it compresses the cotton, so I often go back in and have a trim. Better than over raking and having to start again, because of hot spots on the outer edges of the mesh.

I use Jap Puff Cotton pads, on all my mesh tanks. My problem with the unity is it's fussy on tail length, plus the Chimney is quite restrictive around the cotton, it compresses the cotton, so I often go back in and have a trim. Better than over raking and having to start again, because of hot spots on the outer edges of the mesh.

Do this...

Pop in your cotton nice and toit:
01_Unity.jpg

Trim to edge of base:
02_Unity.jpg

Cut at 45°:
03_Unity.jpg

Give it fluff/rake and trim away loose strands:
04_Unity.jpg

Tuck in tails and trim the "shoulders" so they're neat and don't stick up or contact the chimney:
05_Unity.jpg

Screw it on you mod, fully saturate and pulse a few times at 20W, then add more liquid and do it again:
06_Unity.jpg

Rebuild, fill and enjoy no leaks, dry hits or hot spots ;)

Seriously, try the cotton I suggested above. It's designed for mesh tanks and is the perfect density with nice long strands. £1.99 a pack and it will change your life :D

https://bitandpiecesvape.co.uk/shop/accessories/wick-wire-tools/vandy-vape-mesh-coil-cotton-laces/

Thanks for that :) the cut at 45 is where I sometimes go wrong, I don't like cutting to close to the mesh edge and end up with too much cotton. I do have shoelace cotton, but prefer to perfect my wicking with the pads. I rewicked the Unity yesterday, got it first time.

This how I like it to look, this my wicking on the Zeus.

wick 4.jpg

Thanks for that :) the cut at 45 is where I sometimes go wrong, I don't like cutting to close to the mesh edge and end up with too much cotton. I do have shoelace cotton, but prefer to perfect my wicking with the pads. I rewicked the Unity yesterday, got it first time.

This how I like it to look, this my wicking on the Zeus.

View attachment 244335

Hope it helps!

Yeah you need to get pretty close to the mesh.

That's some nice wicking on the Zeus. Do you do the 45° cut on it? I've never tried it on mine.

That's handy @JohnNada, so, the "shoulders" don't need to be that big? I thought they needed a bit of mass to them for the the upper juice-flow channels?

It's always takes me 2 or 3 goes wicking the Unity, it either borders on a dry hit or it floods on refills, I find the the top airflow mesh a lot easier to wick consistently so I just stick with those now

Back
Top Bottom