What's new

Personal thoughts on the best and worst mesh Rta's?

Still trying different mesh out but if the Clapton mesh is as good as the mesh used in the RDTA then it'll definitely be warmer.
Mate ... Try the Clapton mesh ... OMG it's good ! I bought it in error, won't go back now I have tried it.
ohh when you pull your cotton through you have to check the strands have not been pulled and touching.. no biggy .. unless you leave it like it ;)

So, you thought the Aromamizer Suprepe V3 mesh performance was good? Then I'm definitely doing something wrong with it. It was bland as hell when I tried it and I have since focused on the postless deck with dual aliens. I'll have to give the mesh deck another try, maybe chuck an OFRF mesh in there. We'll see.

I've also seen online that there's a new Profile coming, the Profile M. It looks like a hybrid between the Profile and Kylin M/Zeus X. It's really short. It looks good, although if it's a juice guzzler it's gonna be an issue because it doesn't have huge capacity. Something like 3ml with the straight glass and 4ml with the bubble.
it's all in the wicking with these, I watched a few tubers doing it and they were putting so little of the cotton in the res.. thought it bollox and it would leak, but tried it and hell it works a treat and saturates the cotton .. giving much more flavour and no dry hits from chain vaping.

Mate ... Try the Clapton mesh ... OMG it's good ! I bought it in error, won't go back now I have tried it.
ohh when you pull your cotton through you have to check the strands have not been pulled and touching.. no biggy .. unless you leave it like it ;)

it's all in the wicking with these, I watched a few tubers doing it and they were putting so little of the cotton in the res.. thought it bollox and it would leak, but tried it and hell it works a treat and saturates the cotton .. giving much more flavour and no dry hits from chain vaping.
I use it on the RDTA regularly, have done since I reviewed it ;). Also use it in the Supremes, Plus & Ragnar. Think I've got wicking down by now :D:D

I use it on the RDTA regularly, have done since I reviewed it ;). Also use it in the Supremes, Plus & Ragnar. Think I've got wicking down by now :D:D

Ahh.. I miss read your previous post. lol

Ya, mesh is a bitch to wick, even more so on attys that don't have the spring loaded block beneath the mesh. I've improved a lot over the past few weeks to the point that now I either nail it or I may have to do some small adjustments because of hotspots on the edges at higher watttages. Which makes me think, some YouTubers must be doing it wrong too. Most reviews of the Zeus X I watched, for example, they would only run like 45W into it. I mean, it can be enough for mesh, depending on the juice, but as a reviewer I think they ought to try it higher too, especially when they complain how cool the vape is.

Also, the Vapefly Siegfried looks very interesting. It's really tall, though, and that kind of might scare me away.

PS : I just looked up the Clapton mesh from Wotofo. It's wider than normal strips, measuring in at 17x8.5mm. Does it even fit in the mesh deck of the Supreme v3? I don't think it's gonna fit on the Zeus either, normal OFRF NexMesh strips are already pushing it there.

Last edited:
Ya, mesh is a bitch to wick, even more so on attys that don't have the spring loaded block beneath the mesh. I've improved a lot over the past few weeks to the point that now I either nail it or I may have to do some small adjustments because of hotspots on the edges at higher watttages. Which makes me think, some YouTubers must be doing it wrong too. Most reviews of the Zeus X I watched, for example, they would only run like 45W into it. I mean, it can be enough for mesh, depending on the juice, but as a reviewer I think they ought to try it higher too, especially when they complain how cool the vape is.

Also, the Vapefly Siegfried looks very interesting. It's really tall, though, and that kind of might scare me away.

PS : I just looked up the Clapton mesh from Wotofo. It's wider than normal strips, measuring in at 17x8.5mm. Does it even fit in the mesh deck of the Supreme v3? I don't think it's gonna fit on the Zeus either, normal OFRF NexMesh strips are already pushing it there.
There's two sizes & both will fit the Supreme deck. I use the larger one, designed for Profile 1.5 & RDTA. Won't fit the Zeus without adapting the clamps as it's a proprietry size coz Geekvape are awkward ;). The smaller version isn't available yet but will fit the OG Profile, Unity & new Profile M & will fit the bigger decks as well.

There's two sizes & both will fit the Supreme deck. I use the larger one, designed for Profile 1.5 & RDTA. Won't fit the Zeus without adapting the clamps as it's a proprietry size coz Geekvape are awkward ;). The smaller version isn't available yet but will fit the OG Profile, Unity & new Profile M & will fit the bigger decks as well.
I see. Well, I will order a pack and see how it goes. I've already butchered the deck of my Zeus so it fits NexMesh strips (best decision ever btw), so it may work.

Since you have a Supreme V3, I wanted to ask you a question (sorry everyone else for derailing the discussion!). Have you used the postless deck with dual coils? If so, what is the max size you've managed to fit in there. I'm using a pair of 2.5mm Aliens from Coilology at 0.3Ω, but I'd like to also use 3mm coils because there's more variety of 3mm coils where I live, but it doesn't look like a pair of 3mm Aliens would fit in there properly.

I see. Well, I will order a pack and see how it goes. I've already butchered the deck of my Zeus so it fits NexMesh strips (best decision ever btw), so it may work.

Since you have a Supreme V3, I wanted to ask you a question (sorry everyone else for derailing the discussion!). Have you used the postless deck with dual coils? If so, what is the max size you've managed to fit in there. I'm using a pair of 2.5mm Aliens from Coilology at 0.3Ω, but I'd like to also use 3mm coils because there's more variety of 3mm coils where I live, but it doesn't look like a pair of 3mm Aliens would fit in there properly.
3mm will fit ok, legs about 4.5mm & positioned close to the straigjt edge of the deck. Allows air to flow under as well as over & between the coils. Some folk like them close together so try different positions.

3mm will fit ok, legs about 4.5mm & positioned close to the straigjt edge of the deck. Allows air to flow under as well as over & between the coils. Some folk like them close together so try different positions.
Aha! So I'll make sure to try the 3mm coils next! Although I might want to get some others, in fact. I also got a pack of 3mm Aliens from Coilology, but these are 0.21Ω and end up at 0.1Ω in a dual setup. I have a pair installed in my Dead Rabbit and man do these things needs POWAH! I started vaping them at 75W and I thought my mod was dead. I got nothing. At 90W it's somewhat acceptable, but to get a usable ramp up time and vapor production on par with my other coils, I need like 100-110W, at which point it's too hot for me. The 2.5mm aliens are perfect at 75-80W.

Great! Thanks for the insight man! Much appreciated! :)

Aha! So I'll make sure to try the 3mm coils next! Although I might want to get some others, in fact. I also got a pack of 3mm Aliens from Coilology, but these are 0.21Ω and end up at 0.1Ω in a dual setup. I have a pair installed in my Dead Rabbit and man do these things needs POWAH! I started vaping them at 75W and I thought my mod was dead. I got nothing. At 90W it's somewhat acceptable, but to get a usable ramp up time and vapor production on par with my other coils, I need like 100-110W, at which point it's too hot for me. The 2.5mm aliens are perfect at 75-80W.

Great! Thanks for the insight man! Much appreciated! :)
Lol, I don't go that low, too hot on that attie for me. Normally around 0.2-0.25ohm for me, it's not airy enough to run higher for me :D

Lol, I don't go that low, too hot on that attie for me. Normally around 0.2-0.25ohm for me, it's not airy enough to run higher for me :D
Well, I'm happily running at 0.15Ω, so to each their own I guess! Although, if you like cool vapes, you must love mesh. :D

I threw away the previous coils I used and put in a pair of 3mm 0.33Ω fused claptons, and I realized how small this thing's deck is. Like it barely fits a 5 wrap coil. Could probably do a 3.5mm 4 wrap in there, but then the wicking may be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom