What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Personal thoughts on the best and worst mesh Rta's?

Have to say, I recently picked up a Dead rabbit v2 from Rainbow vapes at bargain price, I thought the v1 was a pretty decent rta so the v2 deserved a shot. Found it to be a very good rta. top fill slot is a bit small and it needs a bubble tank for 4mm and a bit more heat dissipation but overall, a good 8.5/10 for me.

Sorry the thread is about mesh, I have loads of experience with Mesh rtas and at the end of the day as a vapour monster, I have to concede that, for me, they will always have a power limit that stops short of the amount of vapour i desire. Push them too far and they will bite back and burn. I think this is just the nature of the beast. I am still running unitys and Damn vape dooms but they sit on the sidelines most of the time.
+1 for the DR v2. I've had to play about a bit with it to get the build correct but the tank is absolutely fine. Getting a good vape from it and thankfully I have the bubble glass too.

You guys like the DRv2? I really, really don't. I'm not the best at wicking it (or anything else for that matter), but I got a very experienced friend that's had both the original DR and the V2 (and the RDA) and he helped me wick it and did it properly. Still not a great vape IMO. The airflow is turbulent, the flavor is kinda lacking and when it comes to wicking, there's a very thin boundary between too much cotton with no flavor and flooding your mouth with hot juice due to too little cotton. I mean, I suppose there's way worse stuff out there, but I'm not a fan of it.

In other news, I still can't get the damn Aromamizer to work for me. I'm starting to lose it.

You guys like the DRv2? I really, really don't. I'm not the best at wicking it (or anything else for that matter), but I got a very experienced friend that's had both the original DR and the V2 (and the RDA) and he helped me wick it and did it properly. Still not a great vape IMO. The airflow is turbulent, the flavor is kinda lacking and when it comes to wicking, there's a very thin boundary between too much cotton with no flavor and flooding your mouth with hot juice due to too little cotton. I mean, I suppose there's way worse stuff out there, but I'm not a fan of it.

In other news, I still can't get the damn Aromamizer to work for me. I'm starting to lose it.
I wasn't a fan at first. Took a while to get it right. I put the coils as high and as close to the airflow as I could. Each time screwing the rest of the tank together to check they weren't touching the chamber. When I was happy with the position, I put some nice, thick Firebolt cotton in there, thinned out the ends and had the wicks just about damming the juice intake.
Very little airflow turbulence and decent flavour atm and I reckon I could probably do even better.

I wasn't a fan at first. Took a while to get it right. I put the coils as high and as close to the airflow as I could. Each time screwing the rest of the tank together to check they weren't touching the chamber. When I was happy with the position, I put some nice, thick Firebolt cotton in there, thinned out the ends and had the wicks just about damming the juice intake.
Very little airflow turbulence and decent flavour atm and I reckon I could probably do even better.
Hmmm... Well, I went as short as possible for the feet of my coils. As for wicking, I find it's not very forgiving, so a proper wick is paramount. WIth that said, I will keep an open mind and give it another shot. Maybe I have not done it justice. Which is starting to become a theme with me. Zeus X failed me at first, then I found the DR meh, now I get no flavor from the Aromamizer Supreme... I gotta be doing something wrong here. :D

PS : If it isn't too much trouble, could you take a picture of your DR deck? I'm curious as to how exactly you have it set up, how high the coils are and such. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hmmm... Well, I went as short as possible for the feet of my coils. As for wicking, I find it's not very forgiving, so a proper wick is paramount. WIth that said, I will keep an open mind and give it another shot. Maybe I have not done it justice. Which is starting to become a theme with me. Zeus X failed me at first, then I found the DR meh, now I get no flavor from the Aromamizer Supreme... I gotta be doing something wrong here. :D

PS : If it isn't too much trouble, could you take a picture of your DR deck? I'm curious as to how exactly you have it set up, how high the coils are and such. Thanks in advance!
I'll open it up for a re-wick tomorrow and take a photo of it for you [emoji1303]

1) Titan duel mesh .. omg the flavour with any mesh .. then try the Nexmesh Clapton strips ... holy hell that is good.
2) Aromamiser V3 with the mesh deck, nearly as good as above .. I can't get on with the supplied mesh though (Clapton is excellent though).
3. Profile Unity ... it's good and reliable, flavour is good, but a very cool vape.
4. The rebuildable pod/rta for the Kylin M AIO .. great little RTA in a pod. Average to good flavour and a warmer vape.

One to stay away from for me is the Profile RTA

Hearing really good things about ..
Damnvape Doom
Vapefly Brunhilde

Waiting for the Vapefly Siegfried .. high hopes on this one.

1) Titan duel mesh .. omg the flavour with any mesh .. then try the Nexmesh Clapton strips ... holy hell that is good.
2) Aromamiser V3 with the mesh deck, nearly as good as above .. I can't get on with the supplied mesh though (Clapton is excellent though).
3. Profile Unity ... it's good and reliable, flavour is good, but a very cool vape.
4. The rebuildable pod/rta for the Kylin M AIO .. great little RTA in a pod. Average to good flavour and a warmer vape.

One to stay away from for me is the Profile RTA

Hearing really good things about ..
Damnvape Doom
Vapefly Brunhilde

Waiting for the Vapefly Siegfried .. high hopes on this one.
So, you thought the Aromamizer Suprepe V3 mesh performance was good? Then I'm definitely doing something wrong with it. It was bland as hell when I tried it and I have since focused on the postless deck with dual aliens. I'll have to give the mesh deck another try, maybe chuck an OFRF mesh in there. We'll see.

I've also seen online that there's a new Profile coming, the Profile M. It looks like a hybrid between the Profile and Kylin M/Zeus X. It's really short. It looks good, although if it's a juice guzzler it's gonna be an issue because it doesn't have huge capacity. Something like 3ml with the straight glass and 4ml with the bubble.

So, you thought the Aromamizer Suprepe V3 mesh performance was good? Then I'm definitely doing something wrong with it. It was bland as hell when I tried it and I have since focused on the postless deck with dual aliens. I'll have to give the mesh deck another try, maybe chuck an OFRF mesh in there. We'll see.

I've also seen online that there's a new Profile coming, the Profile M. It looks like a hybrid between the Profile and Kylin M/Zeus X. It's really short. It looks good, although if it's a juice guzzler it's gonna be an issue because it doesn't have huge capacity. Something like 3ml with the straight glass and 4ml with the bubble.
The Profile M is a juice guzzler [emoji16]. Great flavour though & easier to wick than the Unity.

The Profile M is a juice guzzler [emoji16]. Great flavour though & easier to wick than the Unity.
Well... Shit. :D

I'm so getting one though. I liked the Profile Unity, but I found it butt ugly and didn't keep it. Didn't help that the guy who I borrowed it from had it in blue, and I despise any atty that isn't a shade of gray (black being one, and usually my go to). If it vapes better than the Unity, I may be looking at my favorite one. Just a tad of warmth would do it, really.

Well... Shit. :D

I'm so getting one though. I liked the Profile Unity, but I found it butt ugly and didn't keep it. Didn't help that the guy who I borrowed it from had it in blue, and I despise any atty that isn't a shade of gray (black being one, and usually my go to). If it vapes better than the Unity, I may be looking at my favorite one. Just a tad of warmth would do it, really.
Still trying different mesh out but if the Clapton mesh is as good as the mesh used in the RDTA then it'll definitely be warmer.

Back
Top Bottom