POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

NextTiny tutorial (any central pole Genny really just change mesh dimensions)

Discussion in 'All Things Mesh and Genesis' started by decson, Apr 27, 2016.

1. kaplan

kaplan Achiever

Glad you are sorted bud

• Like Like x 1
  2. Clownstyle

Clownstyle Achiever

Few hours later and it's still working :)

Bit of messing later and it's 0.7ohms - I'm finding my sweet spot at 22w but that seems a bit high? The atty is still getting very hot, so hot that I just burnt my lips on the top of the tank! Small drip tip is asking for trouble.

Shouldn't I be running this so high? Or have I done something wrong with the build?

Seems to take a while to ramp up if I have the wattage lower. Maybe 30g would be better for me? -I'm using 28 at the moment.

#82 Clownstyle, May 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
  3. kaplan

kaplan Achiever

Yeah the atty gets hot but not to that degree. There is not much space in there and with restricted airflow it is bound to get hot.
    I ran mine with 28-29g 4-5 wraps at around 14.5-16.5w (rarely go up to 17-18W)and I have no issues. Considering until recently I was running 0.1-0.15 Ohm coils in mech mods with full airflow.
    If you bring up your res to .9-1 you should have a slightly better ramp up time.

4. EssexBoy

EssexBoy Achiever

FOLLOWING FOR LATER!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. aligauld

aligauld Postman

Many Thanks to Mr @decson for this. Nextiny arrived today and managed using these clear instructions to get it working beautifully on the second attempt.

Cheers Sir

6. eyeball kid

eyeball kid Legend

Thanks decson finally got round to wicking my nextiny. Followed your instructions with one slight variant 27g wire and she vapes like a charm. Have an evening of omusa ahead.
    Nice one.

• Like Like x 1
  7. blemmy

blemmy Postman

@decson I wish I had searched out your excellent guide on Saturday! My Nextiny clone arrived friday and I spent most of Saturday trying to get a build in it. I was following a youtube vid and in hindsight it was crap. It recommended mesh dimensions at 55mm x 13.5, didn't mention keeping mesh above the base and I managed to melt my new 521 tab :17: (I don't have a mech) It was shorting all over the place and the best I got was 2 of the wraps glowing till I gave up. I will try again later :14: I did get a good cotton build in my KF mini v3 clone at the first attempt only to get up this morning to find it leaking out of the air holes :17:Back to the Nautilus for now

8. Jugg1es

Jugg1es Veteran

@blemmy decson hasn't been on in a while, if you run into problems gimme a shout

• Thank Thank x 1
  9. blemmy

blemmy Postman

10. gizzmo

gizzmo Postman

Thanks for that - amazing