What's new

NextTiny tutorial (any central pole Genny really just change mesh dimensions)

Got a bit closer, the thing burned reaelly brightly at the first twist of the coil and blew the wire apart :D

Got a bit closer, the thing burned reaelly brightly at the first twist of the coil and blew the wire apart :D
Progress is progress so good for you! At a guess coiling a little too tight, and start low on bursts so you can get rid of any hotspots :)

Mesh may well be the truth, but the nextiny is a lying irritating cunt.

Should be called thrush rather than nextiny :(

Mesh may well be the truth, but the nextiny is a lying irritating cunt.

Should be called thrush rather than nextiny :(

I may be completely wrong here, but will say this with my noob hat on. So please take it with a pinch of salt as not seeing your builds at all:

I think a part of the issue is that you guys are trying to coil it like you would for cotton, so where I have now made 3 or 4 coils for the snappy and rose (hence total cotton rookie/noob/Im still impressed they worked), you wrap it around the posts very tight to get the shape; this is not the case for a Nextiny (or In'ax).

Its more a gentle wrap so that it touches the mesh but doesn't throttle it and with the mesh not fully oxidised (it probably won't be to start unless you nuke it), it will just give off more hot spots, or hot ends either at top or bottom.

With fresh mesh that I have only burnt twice (as per tutorial) I still get 1 or 2 hot spots to deal with, but well bedded in mesh I get 0 if just re-coiling.

As said could be completely wrong, this is just my view from going to cotton from mesh rather than other way round.

pulsing the coil on a mech really helped me with that problem ( don't use a fully charged battery ;) ) if your using a regulated mod turn the wattage down ..... if its going in the classies I have a few things I would trade :D

I pull it up flush with the nut, which is less than two turns tightened and its still down the hole. Even when I cut it :D

Thanks for your help but this isn't for me, I would persevere but i've put another three or four coils on and got nowhere, its the same stage every time now and four hours in its gotten tiresome and frustrating, not to mention having spunked £35 on gear :D And i get the feeling that if I get it right, it'll be an accident and i'll have to go through it all again when I want to change mesh.

To the classies with it, lesson learned. Me and mesh are not friends.

Trust me once you have spent a further 4/5hours on the bastard thing (cos that's what your prob calling it at the moment) and you get it right....it will be no fluke... it will be skill and art...followed by a chuffed as fk hardon.
Then if your really..really really... lucky you will have selected the correct mesh for your juice ratio...cos they forgot to add a juice flow control thingy to the nextiny..if not...it back to the start you go....enjoy:)

Oooh I had two of the wraps glowing, then a third........ :D

Then it said "ohms too high" and wouldn't fire, then asked if I was using a new coil then glowed again, said "ohms too high" and so on.....I reckon its having a laugh with me :(

Back
Top Bottom