Innokin
What's new

NextTiny tutorial (any central pole Genny really just change mesh dimensions)

decson

Postman
Hi all

I am hoping this helps at least one person, as my first attempt at building the NexTiny was a day of pain lol. But it was my first ever build and when got advice from these good apes on the day after (when had a tube mod for coiling) it was a walk in the park.

Firstly I am doing this on an authentic NexTiny I have clones and yes they are not as easy, generally find issues with the 510 connector bit but just check yours make sure the screw is slightly out of the insulator and it's not rotating and you will get there... If I can you can!!
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1461751106.760763.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1461751122.119921.jpg

Ok the necessities.

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1461751695.097495.jpg

A NexTiny
A piece of 0.3 Kanthal
40x13mm 300 mesh (keeping this simple, usually do a mesh with topper)
Rolling pin (that came with atty lol)
A mini cross screw driver for negative pin
A mini straight screw driver for playing with coil
Tweezers ceramic (and elbow for playing with coil but rarely use)
Wire cutters
Nose pliers for tightening nut after coiling (it gets hot so can get loose)
Flame thrower thingy (gas stove works as well, electric not so much, lighters can but never again.. Been there.. Btw it's fun!)
A regulated mod
And finally some vape to keep me going!

And if all else fails my balcony to throw it at.

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1461752025.779522.jpg

Ok here we go.

1. Cut mesh to 40x13mm

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1461752167.402752.jpg

2. Using flame thrower burn the crap off it, please use ceramic tweezers *ouchy*, make sure you get rid of any stragglers around edges and it is nicely done

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1461752234.283562.jpg

3. Then role it round the rolling pin you got with your NexTiny (for In'ax if using the central pole it came with and grypsticks use the rolling pin with it, for the threaded stick just remove the central pole and use that) as it's quite thick mesh aim for quite tight, this is fun after a dozen times to start not so much.

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1461752289.423303.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1461752305.572830.jpg

4. Using tweezers' oxidise again with flame thrower!

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1461752337.516451.jpg

Then let it cool down.

5. Put it on central pole in all honesty it didn't fit so I tightened it up on the rolling pin and voila!

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1461752455.787903.jpg

Part 2 coming - will only let me load 10 Pix per post :(

Last edited:
Vape Club
6. Add nut and thread the Kanthal using space in pole.

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1461752664.687650.jpg

7. Move the mesh up so its not touching base of tank and is flush with nut.

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1461752682.304540.jpg

8. Now the fun part, time to coil. Please use a tube mod, watch the hundreds of videos then do it your way. It should not be tight like you would do for a cotton atty but even and just touching mesh holding it in place but letting it breath or you will choke the mesh and get 100's of hotspots. Pull the wire under the screw and back to the other side after the 4 spires (wraps), hold it tight then tighten the screw so it is firmly connected. And voila! 4 spires exact of 0.3 Kanthal.

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1461752853.466981.jpg

Tidy it up and embrace your inner OCD so the spires are all even, sorry not my best but you get idea. Tighten the negative screw and nut again and cut the excess. Fold the top wire over the nut slightly so it isn't reaching for your drip tip and it helps ensure connection :).

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1461752903.380099.jpg

9. Now for moment of truth remove from tube mod and put on a regulated device of your choosing. Hmm not bad

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1461752993.103839.jpg

10. Now ramp up from 8w, 1 or 2 w bursts to 16w use tweezers', screwdriver, to get rid of hot spots and get the ohms you want with it nicely glowing inside out. I'm happy. I generally aim for around 0.8 to 1.

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1461753052.215340.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1461753065.547433.jpg

11. Recheck the bolt and screw, as the heat can undo them and make sure they are tight before putting it together (time for the pliers as they are hot, I have burn marks still to prove it lol). I generally add a little juice to test it and start the mesh bedding in process (or something like that). And once it is back together I also check on my ohms reader (better safe than sorry). It can change things a little, see 0.98.

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1461753121.829282.jpg

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1461754664.373151.jpg

12. It's DONE! lol. Oh it sounded so simple before I tried, but can now do it in one go under 10 mins lol. So have a go and enjoy :p

#MeshIsTheTruth :thumbup:

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1461753307.817649.jpg

Last edited:
And I didn't have to chuck it on balcony or swear once :) ok now I have to build a new In'ax lol. And probably rebuild the Nextiny with mesh in mesh lol. But 300 work great for 50/50 juices start simple and enjoy! :) But coffee first. Hope that was what you wanted @Jugg1es sorry dog illness at home so my life has been Vets/Work and thats about it for past few weeks.

Further tips:

• If you find you have hotspots at top or bottom check that the wire is not too tight if you loosen it slightly it can resolve it, or it could be that the nut or screw are not tight enough and its shorting.
  • Always make sure the mesh is not touching the bottom, you get freaky ohms otherwise
  • Always make sure you oxidise mesh like your life depends on it, well used mesh in the future is dead easy to maintain and even easier to coil on :)
  • Try and space out the coils so they look as good as you can, it will save you a lot of heart ache when doing the bursts, I only had 1 hotspot and just moved the mesh slightly using the tweezers and got the jump from 0.73 to 0.94 and it was done :)
  • Ask if you get stuck, I could list a lot of people on here that helped me, but can now coil one of these or an In'ax easily without any issues. It does get easier and as someone said to me that sunday 'practice makes perfect'.
Important point never throw away good mesh :p just dry burn and brush the build up away with a little brush (tooth brush, shaver brush) and rinse every now and then it truly does get better with age!

Thanks and hope this helps a few!

Last edited:
AcmeFog
A Brilliant basic explanation with decent quality photos, so many congratulations on a job well done.:2thumbsup:

Premier Ecigs
Vape Green
Damn it, I spent 1/2 an hour finding a rolling pin only to find out that its much too big!

Rolling pin.jpg

Good clear instructions. The Nextiny seems to be more forgiving than the NextGen or In'AX Mk2, got it right 1st time.

E-liquids.com
Damn it, I spent 1/2 an hour finding a rolling pin only to find out that its much too big!

View attachment 88317

Good clear instructions. The Nextiny seems to be more forgiving than the NextGen or In'AX Mk2, got it right 1st time.
I updated it lol :p valid point, but I a'int got that much mesh! *eeks* or an atty that big for it :17:!:thud:

Back
Top Bottom