What's new

My Pandora Shadow has risen from the ashes...

SouthernChap

Postman
...only to cause me an unexpected problem.

So I've been browsing this section idly and it got me thinking about my days of oxidising mesh and angrily tweaking out hot spots and then even more angrily finding that I'd not actually got them out and it made me nostalgic.

So I dug out my Pandora Shadow, ordered some 500 and 300 mesh from StealthVape and when it arrived, whaddya know?

Turns out I'm a better mesh wick builder than I remember! Four days later and no recurrent hot spots, no nasty dry hits with a perfectly full tank, a bit of flooding until I got the right wattage dialled in and some genuine lovely flavourful MTL vape.

My problem is that this lovely atty is silly tall and narrow and looks ridiculous on every mod I have. My 16mm side-by-side/cage mods have long gone and whilst it works lovely on my Claz mod it doesn't look so lovely.

So, I bought cheaply an Aspire K1 but that only goes up to 12 watts and this build of mine seems to flood at anything less than 14 watts. I also bought a Baby Pico but that's got no variable wattage and besides, they didn't include the magnetic adaptor so I can't use it with this atty anyway (sent them an email about that).

I do remember a mod from NatureVape (Envy 17, Pauly Meatballs did a great review, as he always did) that would have fitted the bill perfectly but that's nowhere to be seen; discontinued everywhere.

So what do you think? Is there a VW side-by-side/cage mod for ~16mm attys that would suit my lovely Pandora Shadow?

Last edited:
Really? Is what I want so out of fashion that there's nothing? :17::18:
Just seen this fella.
Sure I saw a few 16mm side by sides in the Chinese site's so will have a look.
I remember a few went down the baby pico and aspire stealth route with the dvarw 16. As you say, fixed wattage woes are easily overcome with coil and cotton but once you've nailed a mesh build you'd rather take a kick in the nuts than re make it.
Obviously there's the sxk moonraker clone which although still for larger tanks will fully take the tank into the mod so the drip tip is the only thing visable. A few UK vendors had them. Maybe worth a look.

Just seen this fella.
Sure I saw a few 16mm side by sides in the Chinese site's so will have a look.
I remember a few went down the baby pico and aspire stealth route with the dvarw 16. As you say, fixed wattage woes are easily overcome with coil and cotton but once you've nailed a mesh build you'd rather take a kick in the nuts than re make it.
Obviously there's the sxk moonraker clone which although still for larger tanks will fully take the tank into the mod so the drip tip is the only thing visable. A few UK vendors had them. Maybe worth a look.
Replying to myself but it was the yucan stuff I remember.
Not massive cell on this one but at those prices you can buy a couple.
https://www.sourcemore.com/yocan-uni-pro-box-mod.html
I think you will find most side by side 16mm stuff in the "interesting substance" territory. No biggie, just regular mods with the option of a pre warm setting which you won't use.
Tesla duo will give upto 4.2v
https://www.sourcemore.com/tesla-mini-duo-box-mod-500mah-navy-blue.html
It's a rare high end search after that really.
Have a look in the err "wax" mod type sites . May find something interesting.

Last edited:
Replying to myself but it was the yucan stuff I remember.
Not massive cell on this one but at those prices you can buy a couple.
https://www.sourcemore.com/yocan-uni-pro-box-mod.html
I think you will find most side by side 16mm stuff in the "interesting substance" territory. No biggie, just regular mods with the option of a pre warm setting which you won't use.
Tesla duo will give upto 4.2v
https://www.sourcemore.com/tesla-mini-duo-box-mod-500mah-navy-blue.html
It's a rare high end search after that really.
Have a look in the err "wax" mod type sites . May find something interesting.

"but once you've nailed a mesh build you'd rather take a kick in the nuts than re make it"

Spot on! :18:

Thanks for looking into it for me. That's given me somewhere to start. :2thumbsup:

I refuse to do facebook so despite being willing to spend a bit more the custom side end is not often accessible to me.

Ah well, maybe I should build my own...

"but once you've nailed a mesh build you'd rather take a kick in the nuts than re make it"

Spot on! :18:

Thanks for looking into it for me. That's given me somewhere to start. :2thumbsup:

I refuse to do facebook so despite being willing to spend a bit more the custom side end is not often accessible to me.

Ah well, maybe I should build my own...
I'm sure vapesmarter would make you what you want at a reasonable price. I know he did a side by side recently.

Ooh...I've browsed his site before.
Good idea. I'll drop him a line.
Pm him on here as forum members prices are discounted and his site not [emoji4] and I own 10 mods from vapesmarter so can vouch for his work 100% everything I have ever received has been made with love and outstanding quality materials

I can also vouch for Stu aka Vapesmarter and although I don't have 10 Vapesmarter mods as @mattyk2010 has I do have 4 including this side by side with a Dicodes board.

20191206_204046.jpg

All of Stu's mods are top top quality and you would not be disappointed

Back
Top Bottom