What's new

Mesh in mesh - what's the theory?

vapeconvert

Initiate
I'm relatively new to mesh but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Just wondered if anyone can explain the theory behind mesh in mesh wicks? Specifically the use of different grades of mesh for the inner and outer wicks.

Should I be going for a more or less solid wick in the end, or still a 'straw' with a hole down the middle?

Cheers!

I'm relatively new to mesh but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Just wondered if anyone can explain the theory behind mesh in mesh wicks? Specifically the use of different grades of mesh for the inner and outer wicks.

Should I be going for a more or less solid wick in the end, or still a 'straw' with a hole down the middle?

Cheers!
Hello,
From my experience, you'll see some people like straw holed wicks and some solid. The thing is not to complicate matters. Just get some mesh and practice making wicks as long as the wick is torched enough, I use a cooker and red it up a few times, when mesh wicks first came out it was heated up loads of times, then quenched in water. I've done both, and as long as I don't smoke anymore, I don't care what method is employed. There is no theory I'm afraid, just people's personal style of making things work for them. My wicks last 6 months I change my coil every 3 weeks. The longer you vape, the more you read, the more you realise people's tastes and optimal wattage to get that sweet spot varies. The important thing is to find yours. Mesh in mesh is ok, but raw coil on raw wick works for me without any subtle variations. But I know this like a good wine a mesh wicks ripens wit age. If you want to know how good your wick is pour a little juice on the end see how fast it capillarates down the wick. When it races down you know the juice will replace itself between each draw adequately, good luck. Essentially that's what a good wick is and mesh on mesh won't improve that in my experience

Back
Top Bottom