What's new

Mesh in a origen v2 mk2 6ml

jj87

Postman
Hi can anyone offer me any advice on how to put mesh in a origen v2 mk2 6ml version? Have tried a few times to not much joy, have no problem with cotton in it but as I mostly vape tobacco I much prefer mesh. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks

Afternoon

I bought one of these by accident somehow! I have no idea what to do with it. I'm aware this is tantamount to sacrilege but could someone assist me with how to:

A) Build it with cotton, so that it works
B) Help me with how to build it with mesh? I don't know what it is I need to buy etc

Summary - HELP ME

Afternoon

I bought one of these by accident somehow! I have no idea what to do with it. I'm aware this is tantamount to sacrilege but could someone assist me with how to:

A) Build it with cotton, so that it works
B) Help me with how to build it with mesh? I don't know what it is I need to buy etc

Summary - HELP ME
Are you familiar with building horizontal coils? It's the same but vertical. You have to pass the wick through the coil, and thread enough into the tank to touch the bottom. I use the large holes for cotton, small ones are meant for mesh. I get good results with dual 26g, 7 wraps.

I have 6ml and 4ml. I've never tried mesh in the taller 6ml, didn't feel it would wick that far...

Are you familiar with building horizontal coils? It's the same but vertical. You have to pass the wick through the coil, and thread enough into the tank to touch the bottom. I use the large holes for cotton, small ones are meant for mesh. I get good results with dual 26g, 7 wraps.

I have 6ml and 4ml. I've never tried mesh in the taller 6ml, didn't feel it would wick that far...

I'm able to build it, and have been going for single coil, 7x 26g kanthal

But I cannot get the sodding thing to give a decent amount of flavour, nor does it last for more than 2 or 3 pulls without getting a burnt or dry hit

I'm using enough cotton so that it goes through the coil evenly without pulling it out of shape, and so that the tail bends over a little at the bottom. Is this the right way to go about it? How much cotton should I leave on the topside of the coil?

Should I be using less/thinner cotton? I have to twist it to get it through the coil and into the tank, does that suggest I'm using too much?

It looks like a simple enough thing, but I am a very simple person; evidently :D

Yeah, they're all about wicking...

Sounds like you might be compressing the cotton too much

I use half sheets of Muji. Tear off roughly the inner diameter of the coil. Gently roll. Roll one end thin and pass it through the coil, then feed the cotton in 1-2mm at a time by grabbing at the bottom of the coil and pulling down as far as I can into hole. Then I trim the top so that it's as high as the fill screw...

As in, grab the cotton using the tiny gap underneath the coil? Right! That makes perfect sense. My cotton is basically twisted tight, as I'm kind of screwing it down into the tank. Then I guess as it gets all juiced up, it gets even tighter

Epic. Going to give that a whirl, I have tweezers like that too

One Q as I'm writing, but is it possible to take the glass cover off whilst the build is in place? So as to pull the cotton through? Actually I can't see how that would be possible thinking about it

Just had a thought: what VG/PG ratio is the juice you are using? I found 70/30 works, but now mix juices I use for gennies to 60/40 or 65/35

Also using 70/30, I don't think I have any less! Will check

Another Q. Where do you position the airflow hole in relation to the coil? Does it matter?

Try less compressed cotton, it should work with 70/30

Pointing right at the coil, some put it so that it's shooting between the baffle and coil

Back
Top Bottom