What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Mesh and custards

Crewella

Olympian
I've seen a couple of mentions recently of custard juices not being good on mesh or in gennies - is that the case? And is there a reason for that if it is? Sorry if this is a stoopid noob question! :D

When I was capering with gennies and mesh wicks I found my custards lost a fair bit of flavour and loveliness. Sort of bland yet very slightly metallicy taste.
No idea why I'm afraid.
Hope it isn't the case for you two tho'!!

However Manabush and any fruity juices got fantastic so not all was lost.

Manabush is great in a gennie but I find most deserty flavour don't really work for me. No idea why.

I can't find a good fruit one to try at the mo' everything is too sweet for me.

Thanks guys. I only really like one custard so I can live with that. Sorry @blemmy! :P

I tend to use the custard in my V1 Aqua clone, which it tastes wonderful in, so as the Aqua's a complete pain in the butt to coil and wick I'm happy to just have that as my designated 'custard' tank for occasional use on the very rare occasions that I fancy a break from Manabush or tobaccos in general.

From time immemorial it has been a well versed view that Custards just don't work well with mesh. Fruits, Tobaccos and some Drink Flavours however........ Sing.:2thumbsup:

Thanks guys. I only really like one custard so I can live with that. Sorry @blemmy! :P

I tend to use the custard in my V1 Aqua clone, which it tastes wonderful in, so as the Aqua's a complete pain in the butt to coil and wick I'm happy to just have that as my designated 'custard' tank for occasional use on the very rare occasions that I fancy a break from Manabush or tobaccos in general.
I'll have to try my Aqua again with Custard then, could be the custard vape I've been looking for.

I've been playing with a brace of Origen V2 MKIIs. I don't really dig custards, and most things dairy. I do vape a lot of a DIY Cheesecake though, a lot. I built one my Origens dual coil cotton, and was enjoying my Cheesecake a lot. Wondering if my Cheesecake designated Aromamizer V2 was for the chop. I was about to re-wick, and wondering if a mesh setup like my other Origen (the tobacco one) would save me having to re-wick regularly. I've been using the cotton holes for mesh - yeah I know, crazy man! But I get such a good mesh vape with thick juices out of my Le Zephyr that I applied that to the Origens.

So I've vaping Cheesecake on mesh. It's mega. This is Cheesecake with Graham crust, and the crust is shining through. The Cheesecake tastes more precisely of Cheesecake. Really, really lovely...

So why wouldn't this apply to custards? Is it a function of custards often being viscous?

Back
Top Bottom