What's new

Mechs. Advice and recommendations please.

EmbraSewerRat

Veteran
Evenin' all.

So, been getting bored with temp control, boxes and the like, hell even bored with making fancy coils so I went back to a couple of fast tech mechs and am quite enjoying the change.

If I gets my tax rebate I'll be getting a Hex Ohm, but any recommendations for a decent mech that I can get for roughly £50-75?? Been eyeing up the Cluster and Nebula on M-Vapes but if a decent copper or brass one is around do let me know.

Next: as I suck big time I've only been using 0.4mm NiChrome for wee dual coils as that is what I need to get my required vape experience with on the mechs, tried 0.4mm single and dual with kanthal but that wasn't quite pleasing me. Again, any suggestions for coil builds?

And finally: 26650. Any words of wisdom on a 26650 mech/coils or what the experience is like?

Cheers you lovely dears. :2thumbsup:

You tried reducing coil diameter to 2mm? Nice way to add another wrap or two, and wicks just as good..

Fell out of love 26650s due battery sag, excessive warmth, and hot buttons. 18650s still lead the pack for mechs.

Attachments

• 1455579786459.jpg
    1455579786459.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 87
Forget 26650, no-one makes good ones.

When it comes to mechs I always end up going back to staged claptons.

By all means fiddle about with what bits are kanthal or nichrome but for me kanthal core with nichrome wrap for the claptons and kanthal or twisted nichrome for the stage wires works for me. 2.5mm and 0.25 to 0.3ohm for preference if your batteries can handle it.

For single battery tube mechs I always go for parallel coil s with 26g wire on a 2.5mm tool. 6 wraps is about 0.18-0.2 ohms, 7 wraps takes me to 0.2 to 0.22 depending on the atty and length of the legs. Depends on your battery whether it's safe to go down that low so do check first!

Parallel coils with 26g heats up fast, has low ohms and produces great clouds, and most importantly, they are piss easy to build. I have tugboat 1 & 2 clones, the 2 feels better, although I have an Anarchist V2 on the way in stainless steel. I've put identical builds on pure copper vs SS and weird chinese alloy clone shit, and the main thing seems to be the coil build. Aluminium is noticeably worse than copper and SS, but I can't really tell the difference between the latter two.

I like magnetic buttons, hence the Tugboat V1 and Anarchist V2, but with a tube mod as long as the machining is clean and smooth, and it's not aluminium you can't really go wrong unless you're looking for that competition vape shit which costs a ton of money.

Have a look at the VCMs. Solid button, thick tubes 23mm, 25mm or 30mm or even the VCM Stacked 26650, perfect for the Temple RDA by the same company. Improved button on the X1, also very nice, as is the matching RDA of the same name. Evolution Vaping stock their gear. War by Chief Vapers is a nice simple 26650, as is the V-Rex from Smok-E Mountain [a 26650 Vanilla mech]. Using the green Efests, no issues.

@jsixtysix cheers for that recommendation. Looks not too bad, not bad at all.
Had been looking at the Limitless but having to buy separate sleeves could be either tedious or expensive.

@chimerax - good call!!

Slightly more than you want to spend (of course) but you can't go wrong with a Paps V4.....

DON aint 26650 tho'

Back
Top Bottom