Innokin
What's new

Le Zephyr

domejunky

Achiever
My Zephyr arrived this morning. I got the SXK version, but also bought a PEI tank so I could see my juice levels. Build quality is pretty good, but then it's a beguilingly simple design.

Put a couple of cotton build in just to get a feel for it. Had a few work things to do too. Put a 0.8ohm 26g in there, and opened it right up. It can chuck some clouds...

This afternoon put my first mesh build in it. Used #300 about twice as long as high. Pre-rolled the coil and let the mesh unfurl into it. 29g, 7 wraps came in at 1.6ohm. I was going to do a mesh-in-mesh, but it's wicking fine. Lovely, dense, flavoursome vape at 12.5 watts. Absolutely silent airflow. I even played with the air duct thingy. Thought it was a bit hyped, but it does work - you can get different notes from your juice. Think it more evenly cools the coil.

So far I'm impressed. Might consider a real one. I can see myself using this all day...

uploadfromtaptalk1461596359581.jpg

The Electronic Cigarette Company
My Kraken clone arrived today, and I ended up doing the same as you and pre-building the coil and then twisting the mesh down into it. Worked much better for me than trying to build the coil around the mesh. Looks good! :)

I've noticed bubbles coming out of the submerged end of the mesh tube. Wonder if that's an argument for keeping it hollow...

AcmeFog
My Zephyr arrived this morning. I got the SXK version, but also bought a PEI tank so I could see my juice levels. Build quality is pretty good, but then it's a beguilingly simple design.

Put a couple of cotton build in just to get a feel for it. Had a few work things to do too. Put a 0.8ohm 26g in there, and opened it right up. It can chuck some clouds...

This afternoon put my first mesh build in it. Used #300 about twice as long as high. Pre-rolled the coil and let the mesh unfurl into it. 29g, 7 wraps came in at 1.6ohm. I was going to do a mesh-in-mesh, but it's wicking fine. Lovely, dense, flavoursome vape at 12.5 watts. Absolutely silent airflow. I even played with the air duct thingy. Thought it was a bit hyped, but it does work - you can get different notes from your juice. Think it more evenly cools the coil.

So far I'm impressed. Might consider a real one. I can see myself using this all day...

View attachment 88096

whats the draw like on this mate ?

Smooth, and variable. The smaller 3 hole is perfect for MTL, the larger is a nice restricted lung. You also have wide open which is pretty cloudy, and a few single holes, which I haven't explored yet...

Vape Club
So after a week or so with this, various builds (same mesh though) - I absolutely love it. I'd be happy if all I owned was this and a dripper. My favourite build is 7 wraps of 26g - about 1.1ohm. On the second smallest hole. Just at that sweet spot where you do MTL, or a lazy lung hit. Doesn't leak at all. Have yet to have a dry hit, apart from the little polite one it gives you when the tank is dry, bone dry.

Sniffing around originals, but they are expensive....

These atties are up there with the best in the premier league of genesis. Good luck with your authentic hunt. I'm on a similar hunt for an original nextgen/nextiny.

Vape Green
These atties are up there with the best in the premier league of genesis. Good luck with your authentic hunt. I'm on a similar hunt for an original nextgen/nextiny.
I found a few used ones around the £70 mark. Hard to justify when the £11 SXK does such good job. The design doesn't exude high quality engineering - maybe I'd feel differently if I saw one in the flesh...

I found a few used ones around the £70 mark. Hard to justify when the £11 SXK does such good job. The design doesn't exude high quality engineering - maybe I'd feel differently if I saw one in the flesh...
you probably would. They are a work of art!!

Premier Ecigs
Back
Top Bottom