What's new

Kraken wicking

sparkyjuice

Achiever
Here is the scenario...
bought a kraken clone (Hcigar)
Coiled in kanthal ribbon 1mm x 0.1mm about 1 ohm (single coil)
wicked in silica....dry burn after about 2 sec pull...
rewicked in 400 mesh stainless mesh....gives me about 4 seconds now before running dry.
Do I need wire rope wick to keep up, as I like this coil, as does my wokmate who is asking me to coil his kraken
(he has parkinsons)
Currently waiting for ss rope wick, cannot go down the cotton route on this build, for various reasons,
Build suits me but my mate will probably chain vape his.
any thoughts ?

If you have not already tried it, you could try a silica U wick. Longer length of silica, up out the hole, through the coil, over the top and back down through another hole into the tank.

I had to use steel rope on my Kraken and it just about keeps up
but then again I am using 100% VG

Updated used 400 mesh wick again and upped to 1.2 ohms ribbon coil
Formed wick round a 1mm mandrel this time then rolled to leave a thin hole open
It's now keeping up well on 50/50 juice
Lesson here apart from my noob wick technique is a ribbon coil is a different beast to a standard micro coil

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

Give this a go. No dry hits.

If you want it SUPER juice try this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Listen to Seedy he's a Kraken Pro. I use his single coil cotton build and it vapes like a beast with no dry hits!

Listen to @Seedy he's a Kraken Pro. I use his single coil cotton build and it vapes like a beast with no dry hits!

Yeah but ive stated no cotton in build, thanks anyway.
I did eventually get a perfect ribbon coil/ss mesh set up, worked beautifully.......then I cracked the tank.....DOH !

Yeah but ive stated no cotton in build, thanks anyway.
I did eventually get a perfect ribbon coil/ss mesh set up, worked beautifully.......then I cracked the tank.....DOH !

Sorry missed that at the start, only on phone and typed whilst watching TV.

Shame you can't use cotton as it's a damn fine build but glad you got it sorted.

That's a right pain about the tank, super careful with mine as heard they are super fragile :(

Back
Top Bottom