What's new

KRAKEN - Single Coil, Cotton build - Non leak - Full Flavour :)

Dr_Puff

Postman
ok, thought I'd throw this up.

Been using this for a week or so and thought I'd share. - To be honest the coil is absolute fine so I have just re-wicked it here after a dry burn to clean coil.

Using .30 gauge Kanthal wrapped 8/9 times over a 1.5mm screwdriver.

1znc5c0.jpg

Coming back as a nice 0.96 ohm

34evvpg.jpg

Still burns up nice ( Batt here needing charge, prob on bout 50% )

1zxt75z.jpg

Ok, twist cotton and pass through coil into tank section, enough to reach the bottom of the tank and enough at the top of the coil to do an 'up and over' - the cotton should come back down and rest on the deck near air hole > remember to feather out the cotton in the tank, too tight twist and it won't wick the juice very well.

TIP - ( Once you have poked the cotton through the coil and deck into the tank section, use tweezers to gently 'pull' the cotton twist down through the coil and deck into tank section, don't pull too hard or you'll break the cotton. - Once you are happy with length, make sure you can move the wick up and down slightly through the coil - you don't want the wick packed tight into the coil too much ) - Once you are happy, trim the top of the wick leaving enough to sit on the top deck, over the coil as in pictures.

34zfwk5.jpg

Here I replace the glass tank sleeve and enter the juice at the bottom of the coil, alongside the wick. - This ensures that juice can come back up the wick and isn't too tight ( if too tight can cause wicking and dry burn issues ) - The way to enter juice is via needle style juice container ( capt custard going in - yum )

2r7tr8h.jpg

Ensure juice is placed over coil end of wick and cotton is down on deck.

s6hdoy.jpg

.... test fire

2d1lhrb.jpg

Replace sleeve over top and enjoy :)

2ls6zcj.jpg

For me, this is simple, works and never had wicking, leaking or dry burn issues. - As it's a Genesis atty, then I just turn it upside down for a second on about every 10th toke or so. - Flavour has been pretty much full on.

Been in the pocket, laid on the table etc and never lost juice.

Just thought I'd share this simple build.

Also remember that when you put the sleeve on, have the air adjuster right next to the coil :)

Last edited:
Stuck this in my favourites. Should be getting one of these from SlowTech within the next year or so (lol) so I'm researching builds. Thanks for the tips :)

Subscribed for when mine arrives also ... Thanks

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Well coming back to this 10 months later.

I put the kraken in the archive 'box' whilst trying loads more tanks etc.

Dug it out last week and did the same build above. With some Mrs Lords Druide, the flavour is absolute outstanding.

Kraken is now staying on the 'Attys to use' shelf

:)

Shame the Kraken is seen as an 'oldschool' gennie now - great bit of kit

Last edited:
Well coming back to this 10 months later.

I put the kraken in the archive 'box' whilst trying loads more tanks etc.

Dug it out last week and did the same build above. With some Mrs Lords Druide, the flavour is absolute outstanding.

Kraken is now staying on the 'Attys to use' shelf

:)

Shame the Kraken is seen as an 'oldschool' gennie now - great bit of kit

Tbh I may have to give my kraken another krak <- see what I did there! :) . Do you not find that juice comes out of the hole without a coil/wick or does the section coming out the top of the coil lay across this?

Back
Top Bottom