What's new

Kraken clone

jocave

Postman
Got one of the above on the way ordered after a few too many wines, never got on with genesis attys and gave up with them ages ago much prefering bottom fed with micro coil and cotton, looked at loads of utube vids on different set ups , just wondering what everyone else was using and had success with?

I have success with everything on the kraken. If your using ssmesh make sure its nice and loose and hollow. My favourite build on this is silica and cotton behind the coil. Here's a vid I did of a dual coil setup. I think its better doing it single though. Less leaking.

Seedy's Kraken Dual Coil with Silica & Cotton: http://youtu.be/8eZQW940irQ

Great stuff thanks for that must have missed that vid, mesh is a no no for me so glad it can be used with other methods

I never had any luck with mine until I started using voodoowool, dual coiled at about .8/.9ohm. It's best to use 1.5mm voodoowool I think, I was using 2mm and it was a bit snug in the wicking holes.

Sent from a howitzer in my back garden

I have a cotton u-wick in mine. Never had a dry hit yet and vaping at 25 watts.

Bob

ps video a bit boring but good information

Last edited by a moderator:
Been using this setup for over 3 months now or so - No leaks, no dry hits etc. To be honest, coudn't be assed messing with ss rope etc so just went straight to cotton build.

- To be honest the coil is absolute fine so I have just re-wicked it here after a dry burn to clean coil.

Using .30 gauge Kanthal wrapped 8/9 times over a 1.5mm screwdriver.
1znc5c0.jpg

Coming back as a nice 0.96 ohm
34evvpg.jpg

Still burns up nice ( Batt here needing charge, prob on bout 50% )

1zxt75z.jpg

Ok, twist cotton and pass through coil into tank section, enough to reach the bottom of the tank and enough at the top of the coil to do an 'up and over' - the cotton should come back down and rest on the deck near air hole > remember to feather out the cotton in the tank, too tight twist and it won't wick the juice very well.

TIP - ( Once you have poked the cotton through the coil and deck into the tank section, use tweezers to gently 'pull' the cotton twist down through the coil and deck into tank section, don't pull too hard or you'll break the cotton. - Once you are happy with length, make sure you can move the wick up and down slightly through the coil - you don't want the wick packed tight into the coil too much ) - Once you are happy, trim the top of the wick leaving enough to sit on the top deck, over the coil as in pictures.

34zfwk5.jpg

Here I replace the glass tank sleeve and enter the juice at the bottom of the coil, alongside the wick. - This ensures that juice can come back up the wick and isn't too tight ( if too tight can cause wicking and dry burn issues ) - The way to enter juice is via needle style juice container ( capt custard going in - yum )

2r7tr8h.jpg

Ensure juice is placed over coil end of wick and cotton is down on deck.

s6hdoy.jpg

.... test fire

2d1lhrb.jpg

Replace sleeve over top and enjoy

2ls6zcj.jpg

For me, this is simple, works and never had wicking, leaking or dry burn issues. - As it's a Genesis atty, then I just turn it upside down for a second on about every 10th toke or so. - Flavour has been pretty much full on.

Been in the pocket, laid on the table etc and never lost juice.

Just thought I'd share this simple build. - Bear in mind that everyone will have their own way of building, that's what makes RBA's fun. - The above as I said, is my personal take on all Genny attys I have.

Also remember that when you put the sleeve on, have the air adjuster right next to the coil

traditional me ss rope and mesh topper with ribbon coil....top vape currently mrs lord's navy cut

Back
Top Bottom